Moderating Controversial Topics

This is the main discussion forum.

Re: Moderating Controversial Topics

Postby nqkayaktours » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 pm

StevenM wrote:What the bloody hell did I say this time

my post count has gone down again

No it hasnt. It has stayed at 1014. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I dont know how to go back to page 1 to get your quote, wont let me), but congrats on being a member to the 1000 club. :egrin: :wink: :grin: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers and tight lines,
Ian
Take your rubbish out full, bring it back empty.

Barra 85c.m, Black Brim 43, Talapia 36, Jungle perch 24, Fresh water catfish 55, sleepy cod 49, Doggie mack 58, fingermark 46, blue nose salmon 44.

http://www.nqkayaktours.com.au
Follow us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/nqkayaktours
nqkayaktours
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Townsville area, Charters Towers, Greenvale, Great Barrier Reef.
Kayaks: 8 x RTM K-Largos, and 6 x Australis Lynxx

Postby coattail rider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:09 pm

i think we should bring back duelling

Kayak PBs

Spotted Mack 87cm ,Murray cod 73cm,Trout Cod 35cm, Snapper 65cm, Mangrove Jack 54cm, Kingfish 63cm, Sooty Grunter 40cm, A. salmon 55cm, Bream 38cm, Flathead 70cm, GT 50cm, Jewfish 60cm, Yellowbelly 55cm, Bass 45cm (to the fork), Estuary Perch 41cm, Tailor 62cm, Squid 45cm, Redfin 36cm, Flounder 37cm, Mac Tuna 38cm, Macquarie Perch 33cm, Rainbow trout 47cm, Albatross 75cm (wingspan!)
coattail rider
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Nowra
Kayaks: mini x, revo 13

Postby MattoTarpon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

coattail rider wrote:i think we should bring back duelling

Wow that is so not yours is it??? Bloddy nice!! :wink:
Bass - 52cm
Mary River Cod 69cm my dream catch.
Flathead - 64cm Yellowbelly - 54cm
Bream - 38cm Silver Perch - 44cm
Saratoga - 74cm Flounder - 33cm
Whiting - 27cm

ITS A GODDAMN SHARKNADO!!!!!
MattoTarpon
KFDU 3000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Anywhere There Is Bass
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13 , WS Aspire 105.

Postby coattail rider » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:29 pm

i wish it were mine
Kayak PBs

Spotted Mack 87cm ,Murray cod 73cm,Trout Cod 35cm, Snapper 65cm, Mangrove Jack 54cm, Kingfish 63cm, Sooty Grunter 40cm, A. salmon 55cm, Bream 38cm, Flathead 70cm, GT 50cm, Jewfish 60cm, Yellowbelly 55cm, Bass 45cm (to the fork), Estuary Perch 41cm, Tailor 62cm, Squid 45cm, Redfin 36cm, Flounder 37cm, Mac Tuna 38cm, Macquarie Perch 33cm, Rainbow trout 47cm, Albatross 75cm (wingspan!)
coattail rider
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Nowra
Kayaks: mini x, revo 13

Postby ronaldo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:32 pm

michelle wrote:I would like to thank the mods for a friendly well run forum. :grin:

when I first got involved with yak fishing I joined a couple of forums but it didn't take long for this to be the one I went to all the time because I found it friendly and helpful. The mods do a great job and should be thanked by members for the effort they put in on our behalf.

Michelle, I concur with your sentiments 100%.....Brad, you and the team do an excellent job. Thank you.

Jen wrote:you go Brad. :glad: Thanks Mods :love:. That is the only thing I dislike about forums is when cowboys come in and make you feel like crap because they don't like something you are doing and letting you know in no uncertain terms. Lucky this does not happen a lot but when it does you just want to quit. GGGRRRRR to the "Keyboard Cowboys" :devil:

Come on Jen...I've seen you when.... you feel like crap.....and there hasn't been a cowboy in sight. :snic: :snic: :ops: :ops:

:bye:
Ron
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE.
IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.
ronaldo
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: coffs coast & beyond.....
Kayaks: WS Tarpon 120 - Mantra Noa - Hobie Revo 13

Postby yantabulla » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 pm

This IS a well moderated site.

The only other forums that I have been involved in are beekeeping related.

They have frustrated & infuriated me so much I no longer take part.

I just don't need the hassles.

Well done to the moderators.

Yantabulla
All setbacks are temporary
yantabulla
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Coffs Coast
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 11 & 13

Postby Seasquirt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I really have to congratulate all those who work behind the scenes for their great effort in keeping this a great and friendly site. Also to all the members that contribute in an informative and positive way. Here here.

The sad truth is that the bigger you get the more potential there is for conflicting opinions and characters .

This is still the best run site I have come across ANYWHERE. Timely and friendly moderated without some ridiculous rules.
Spelling is one I have seen.

Anyway whether a forum or a club any group that grows beyond the everyone knows everyone is bound to have conflicts here and there.

I will stick with this forum thank you very much and mods ! Well keep doing what you are doing , though I know your efforts are becoming a little more arduous.

Cheers,
Pam
" Things are only impossible until they are not " - Jean Luc Picard
Seasquirt
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Murray Cod country. Qld / NSW border rivers
Kayaks: Old Town Loon 111 + Stealth Superlite 100

Postby Gav » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 am

First of all like everybody else thanks to the mods you do a great job. This site has been a great resource for me over the years in helping me improve my fishing, kayaking and meeting new people. I picked this site originally because the trip reports, kayak set ups and the rest of the topics contained so much info it was great. When I do get the opportunity to add a trip I try and include as much info as possible to help the people like me when I first started. As for politics that is what work is for and at least they pay me otherwise I wouldn't be there, at least until I win the lotto :lol: .

Cheers
Gav
Gav
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & Old Town Vapor 10

Postby Freewily » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Well said Brad. I think good friendly critisicm or advice goes a long way in keeping respect & friendships.
Most times I see the individual being attacked when maybe it should be the law makers etc.
What some people write & mean can be taken out of context & somethings are written whilst forgetting it is available to the public.
It can be quite a shock when an individual gets attacked full force.
All I can say to the victims is let it in one ear & out the other. But I know as a fact that this is somewhat difficult to do.
Thanks for working on keeping this a fun informative site.
I am sure that's why we have sooooo many members. :grin:
YAK P.B. Salmon 60cm, Flathead 60cm, Trevally 42cm, Carp 38cm, Bream 40cm, Luderick 42cm, Tarwhine 30cm,
Blue Morwong 48cm, Mullet 38cm, Bass 39cm, Garfish 34cm, Leatherjacket 27cm, Flounder 28cm, Snapper 50cm, Bonito 60cm, Whiting 38cm, Tailor 52cm, LongTom 66cm.

If this was my job I'd Love It!!
Freewily
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Dagger Drifter, Hobie Revolution

Postby Zelko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 am

Sounds like we all like what the mods are doing. I bet by now their pockets are drenched and steamy :lol:

Yak PBs - Bonito 48cm - Bream 29cm - Flathead 58cm - Flounder 20cm - Frigate Mackerel 40cm - Jewfish 100cm - Octopus 42cm - Salmon 56cm - Snapper 30cm - Squid 24cm - Tailor 48cm - Trevally 27cm - Whiting 28cm
Zelko
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Sydney and surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie Outback

Postby brez » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am

phatphil wrote:i've been following this topic on here and on aus bass
what i have noticed is that unlike aus bass people here
have the sense to realise that opinions are just that opinions
not actual facts that some that have to be shoved down peoples throats
if the the thread starter had any real knowledge he would know that
bass are in a far stronger position than the last 20 years
numbers are increasing steadily and there is more than enough for everyone

interesting first post from you , if thats really you :wink: I'm on both forums as you know . KFDU is a great community though its not completely perfect ( nor am i ) and Ausbass well its not perfect either , they have the sense to ban the naming of fishing locations and the reasons are well justified :wink: Bass Sydney and groups like them are working hard to ensure bass fisheries recover and thrive . im interested though as to whether numbers are increasing due to natural recruitment or stocking of hatchery bred bass :?:
brez

Postby Steve R » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 am

I read a non moderated group that discusses a different topic. The Mods here do a great job!

On a personal level, if someone really annoys, it's better not to respond but shut them down via the 'foes' list, which is available via 'Control Panel', 'Friends & Foes' Tab, 'Manage foes' - so far, I have zero names in my list :fg: but I did test a name once. The result is that you can see the person wrote something but you cannot read it - it's the 'shut up' that really works :ha: Put another way, if you can't read the words of someone whose opinions constantly causes you irritation, you won't be tempted to respond in haste. This will make the Moderator's task easier.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau
Steve R
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Eden and thereabouts
Kayaks: Hurricane Skimmer; Racing TK1 (Mr Tippy).

Postby bommie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I am only new here(yet to do a proper introduction) and I find it a very friendly sight, which, is what attracted me to the site in the first place.
I hope to enjoy putting up threads of fish caught in the future and hope to donate some wooden lures for prizes.

cheers,
Matt.
The other half of D & S Lures

https://www.facebook.com/DraperSonLures

"The only true wilderness is between the green party's ear's!"
Quote, 'Every sane fisher'
bommie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: SEQ. Northern NSW, Whitsunday area.
Kayaks: pacer for the skinny water but I still love my 5m Rosco canadian canoe

Postby tomca » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Steve R wrote:I read a non moderated group that discusses a different topic. The Mods here do a great job!

On a personal level, if someone really annoys, it's better not to respond but shut them down via the 'foes' list, which is available via 'Control Panel', 'Friends & Foes' Tab, 'Manage foes' - so far, I have zero names in my list :fg: but I did test a name once. The result is that you can see the person wrote something but you cannot read it - it's the 'shut up' that really works :ha: Put another way, if you can't read the words of someone whose opinions constantly causes you irritation, you won't be tempted to respond in haste. This will make the Moderator's task easier.

Good to know, always wanted to shut Al up
Mobile phone no. 0423 617 942
tomca
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Noosa to Brunswick Heads

Postby Biggles » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 pm

tomca wrote:Good to know, always wanted to shut Al up

:blah:
Biggles
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland