This is the main discussion forum.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Re: The Elephant in the Room!

#46 Post by arpie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey Ben,

Great to see you back on the forum! Are you still kayaking & fishing? I hope so! We'd love to read of your outings & see any pics! :lek:

We'd LOVE to keep the forum going with new members & lots of posts - there are some regulars who are doing just that, as there is just too much valuable info on here lose if people decided to delete all their input, as happened with AKFF.

The technical side of things must be a real bugbear with all the hacking stuff that goes on ..... hopefully this current upgrade will fix all that ..... and then we can start posting pics again, soon (have been unable to whilst the upgrade is going on!) So, sadly, posts for this month are down even further, as we can't put up pics! :(

Let's get this ball rolling again ..... show us your mods & how you get over a problem on your yak - and best of all - show us your FISH!! :wink:

cheers

Roberta

OOOOPS ... Looks like quite a few posts from the last 2 weeks have dropped off in the Uprade .... if you can remember what you'd put up ..... try putting it up again, when you have 5 mins!!
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

#47 Post by Dodge » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

arpie wrote:Hey Ben,

OOOOPS ... Looks like quite a few posts from the last 2 weeks have dropped off in the Uprade .... if you can remember what you'd put up ..... try putting it up again, when you have 5 mins!!
Good to see you still floating around Ben, been a long time.

Roberta, yes changes are posing some issues, at my end lost contact for about 30 hours, only getting an error message when attempting to log in......but successful log in again this arvo.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#48 Post by arpie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Yes, Dodge ..... been unable to log in over the last day or so, and before that, not able to add photos for nearly a week ...... and then the lost posts between mid Sept & today!

Can't wait to be able to post pics again .... some great fish around just now! :wink:

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Jamie D
2015 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales
Kayaks: Vortex VTX 560

#49 Post by Jamie D » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 pm

This place is a ghost town now let’s get real . And that’s okay everything has it’s time, KFDU has had its time , end of story

Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: the planet

#50 Post by Nativeman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Just spoke to Simons Rat ,,, Steven and he thought this maybe being rebuilt. I had a kayak fisherman contact me through my blog that is waiting to be approved as a member. hmmm...
Sel

CanuckChubbs
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Newcastle area
Kayaks: Had: more then I can remember. Have: Tandem Island

#51 Post by CanuckChubbs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Jamie D wrote:This place is a ghost town now let’s get real . And that’s okay everything has it’s time, KFDU has had its time , end of story
Interesting thought, has kayak fishing gone the same route? Used to see plenty of ads for and people chasing Hobie kayaks. Now with cheaper imports it seems that kayak fishing is no longer associated with "adventurous" types but rather every day ordinary people or. maybe the popularity killed the allure of it in this disposable society. :blah:

nigel
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: dag midway,DD3 max ski,stellar S18S ski ozflyte ski cheeps plastic

#52 Post by nigel » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:44 am

No it’s switched to Multi Media plenty of Facebook yak fishing &yak sales groups that are very active

Nigel
ImageImage

tonystott
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Forster, nsw
Kayaks: 2012 Hobie Tandem Island "SIC EM"

#53 Post by tonystott » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:49 am

I HATE Facebook as a medium for people with common interests together

It is no coincidence that posts on Facebook slide past into history, just like the contents of used toilet paper.

If you don't believe me, just go to Facebook on your own computer, and try to find a post which appeared two weeks ago.

Now have a look at old posts on KFDU.

The toilet paper analogy is stunningly apt.

We have all been conned. Facebook should just be for >initially< linking friends and family
Tony Stott
2012 Hobie Tandem Island "SIC EM" with Hobie spinnaker

Steve R
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Eden and thereabouts
Kayaks: Hurricane Skimmer; Racing TK1 (Mr Tippy).

#54 Post by Steve R » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:18 am

+1 on Tony's logic.
If KFDU is intended as a place for ephemeral comment and reports, Facebook is a good choice. If it is intended to be a storehouse of help and information, Facebook doesn't do that anywhere near as well as a bulletin board.

One thing Facebook did do was enable me to pick up the temporary board link. Judging by the lack of new posts, not a lot of people thought to check Facebook to discover the reason the website is is failing.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau

DawnPrawner
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney

#55 Post by DawnPrawner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Great to hear from you Ben.
Some such good memories of the early days.
YakMan here.... original member No3 I think mate.
Still a strong kayak fishing scene here on the Northern Beaches, Sydney.
We have all moved on from the kayak forums I guess because it all became so mainstream.
Still enjoy reading the posts from time to time.
It is a great sport and we are still pushing boundaries after some 15years plus behind the paddle and rod.

Ben,glad to hear you still log in from time to time.
Geoff, hope things are good with you as well mate.
I can remember the time we took both you boys offshore for the first time at Mona Vale.

Good luck with the future of this forum.
Cheers Phil

Mulcher
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Northern NSW and Southern QLD
Kayaks: Dream Catcher in River Camo and another cheep one mate picked up

#56 Post by Mulcher » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:37 pm

I have dropped the ball plenty here and used to be one to check always the KFDU posts ,,, life and such got in the way but still wet the yak and a line in the name of fishing when I can. There have been plenty of awesome stories posted here in KFDU and I for one would love to see them continue HERE,,, FB has its place for chit chat etc between people but here has always been a place to post FACT ( until someone proves you wrong ) and its a place to enlighten those just getting into the sport,,, umm this is sport yeh ????
full credit to those that have stepped up and kept things running

mulcher ...... still fishing but not as much as One wishes
"Life is good if beer is cold"

Ramjet
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: NSW Hunter Valley

#57 Post by Ramjet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 pm

A little sad to hear as a newcomer to kayak fishing. I am keen to read of people's recent catches,ideas etc. I am a member and moderator/admin of forums for less popular hobbies with less members but they are way more active. Yes, some older members have left or post less than they used to. The newer members keep the enthusiasm going. I would like to encourage all newer members to post results, questions etc etc to keep the forum alive. Hopefully this will also encourage more established members to respond.

Cheers

Ramjet :grin:

Salty Dog
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Berowra

#58 Post by Salty Dog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:13 am

Another blast from the past! Good to hear that you are still fishing Phil!

I remember going out with yourself, Buj & Ben back in the day & you & your brother throwing sergeant bakers at each other.

Good times.
Regards, Adam.

Stealth Fisha 550

shappy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: redlands
Kayaks: dragon Kayak 2.5 double, PA14

#59 Post by shappy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:08 pm

G’day all, I have to say I have not been on much at all. I am guilty of checking the Facebook groups more so, but more so because I use the phone a lot more than a PC and previous I could not login using my phone. The site appears to be updated and now have full functionality using the phone, so I can now check in regularly!!

Ramjet
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: NSW Hunter Valley

#60 Post by Ramjet » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm

An interesting and worrying topic from a newish user. I wondered about the lack of posts from a group with so many members. I am on other forums for different hobbies with less members than this forum and possibly a less popular hobby. We have a LOT more activity than on this forum. I can only encourage the newer members and the long term members to post more often. Keep the forum alive. As a newby to the Kayak fishing world I hope to see more current posts to help me learn about the hobby.

Keep posting everyone and best of luck with your fishing adventures.

Cheers

Rod

Return to “Main”