Launching at Vaucluse, Beach Padock

This is the main discussion forum.

Launching at Vaucluse, Beach Padock

Postby Aussie54 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if there are any launching issues when launching at the Beach Paddock in Vaucluse (Sydney) ??Parking seems to be free, not metered, not far to walk from the road and you end up in a protected bay from westerlies. Next bay east (Parsley Bay) seems good too but has floating pipes across half way out. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-33.850 ... a=!3m1!1e3

Regards, Wayne A.
Aussie54
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney metro, upper Nepean River & South Coast
Kayaks: Native Watercraft Slayer Propel

Re: Launching at Vaucluse, Beach Padock

Postby sharknett » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Watsons Bay there is untimed parking on Marine Parade and get ramp access to the sand to launch near the Vaucluse Yacht Club. Also used to be untimed parking on the road next to the park.
Camp Cove there is a untimed car park that is a short walk to the beach.
Best to get there pretty early if you want a spot at either.
sharknett
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney
Kayaks: Hobie Adventure

Postby Aussie54 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Hey sharknet,
Gee 60 odd looks didn't think I was going to get a reply.

Thank you replying. I'm aware of the parking at Camp Cove and getting there early. I've seen lately you can drive luxury cars down onto the beach at Camp Cove. Getting it back out seems to be an issue though.

With Camp Cove that would be closest for getting out to Sow and Pigs or around the southern headland and pretty good access for my rig.

I didn't realise getting onto the beach at Watsons Bay looks so easy via the path next to the yacht club and I would be getting there early anyway to avoid traffic from out my way.

However I'm looking at fishing just east of Bottle and Glass Point where there seems to be 3 smaller humps/undulations in the bottom contours thinking they could be natural fish attractants.

Have to go another weekend as I have home commitments and looks bit windy too from the west around 10 knots or so.

Thanks for the parking and launching tip for Watsons Bay.

Regards, Wayne A.
Aussie54
KFDU Angler

Postby nigel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm

for me Vaucluse Bay is the best no hassles with parking a bit further to the water another good option is https://www.truelocal.com.au/business/w ... b/rose-bay reason I don't like camp cove is a bit of sunshine & it gets too damb crowded coming in with a bit of sun.
ImageImage
nigel
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: sydney & surrounding areas
Kayaks: Stealth BFS 470 profisha 575

Postby Aussie54 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Well, tested the Beach Paddock today. Yep it's a paddock. Parking, no issue. Getting to the water, no issue. Getting back up the hill, issue. It's not that steep and not too bad, I've been to worse. Good thing is ther's not much loose sand between the grass and water and most of the bare sand is hard packed. Would I go again. For sure when the water is warmer. Still only 16 degrees despite weather reports stating its 22. Must be that outside the heads.

Tally for the day, out in deeper stuff, zero. Was too blowy anyway, so I headed back to the sheltered bay trolling in about a metre of water trolling Robertas 2nd favourite lure ( a greedy guts) while I had something to eat (beaut part of a pedal yak) and blow me down a 26cm bream disturbed my lunch. After a quick photo and throw back, kept going, blow me down again another one, this time pulling a bit more line, ended up being a 36cm trevally. Gee they go hard for their size. Quick photo and throw back, next fish was a tiny flatly about 30cm, throw back of course then called it a day.

Will look forward to going back when water warms up a bit and not so windy.

Regards, Wayne A.
Aussie54
KFDU Angler

Return to Main