The luck files

This is the main discussion forum.

The luck files

Postby Ads22 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

While I'm sitting here pondering what might have been at Baffle Creek this afternoon, I thought I'd start a new thread, after reading that arpie feels there was plenty of luck in her smashing bass recently.

Show us a picture of your lucky catch, where you feel there was more luck than planning or intent involved in the capture.

Here are my top 3 OOPS captures.

#3 - pulled up at a snag, cast a SP and while it was sinking started ripping in my trolled HB lure. Bang, barra.

Boyne Yak Barra_M.jpg

#2 - trolling a barra sized hard body in fresh water and thought I had a snag. Up comes snag and nice jack.

20160522_132518_S.jpg

#1 - thinking I had no chance and was out for a short arvo paddle trolling a cheap ebay lure and bam, this big girl jumped on. Still can't believe it.

20160501_165750_M.jpg

Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 106cm/11.5kg; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Re: The luck files

Postby arpie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm

hahaha I think we have all had the 'oooops' hookup ....... when you are in 'la la land' and not really concentrating - perhaps it wasn't even a very good cast - but for some reason a fish is sitting 'right there' ready to pounce ......

Yep - my 50cm bass would be my No 1 'Lucky Hookup' .... I was there again today & not even a bump, which just proves how lucky I was the last time! :wink: I had cast all around the 'structure' for nothing & then put it in a particular spot & felt a 'bump' ..... another bump & then felt the weight of the fish - hooked on a Crackjack diving lure! :lek:
50cm bass P9010013.jpg

Lucky fish No 2 .... would have to be my very first bream on a fly that I'd 'refurbished' with new foam!! I'd been trying for AGES for ANY FISH on fly - literally a cast of thousands & then one day after heaps of no hits, I was casting towards the edge of a bush that was overhanging the water ...... this lovely 35cm breambo jumped onto the fly!! :lek: I had line all over the place & was trying to strip it in to stop the bream from 'doing me' ...... and for some reason, instead of going INTO the structure, if swam out in to the open! :gu:
First bream on fly 35cm.jpg

And my current PB Flattie - a beautie of 87cm .... it was hooked in the shallows & dragged me around for a while, doing numerous big swims ...... I missed netting it numerous times, each time, it took off again ..... I was amazed I got it in!
87cm Flattie P6180022.jpg

Big Fish on a tiny lure ...... A Pontoon 21 Greedy Guts SR diving lure!
87cm Flattie on GG.jpg

cheers

Roberta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Return to Main