new kayak help

This is the main discussion forum.

new kayak help

Postby peter58 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 am

Hi everyone

Well i am back, i have been out of kayak fishing for a few years but i decide to get back into it ,
at the moment cash is short ,so i looking at a cheaper kayak and i am looking at Dragon pro fisher kayak

Just wondering what you guys think of it ,any info wound be a help.

cheers peter
peter58
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: glodcoast

Re: new kayak help

Postby shappy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:32 pm

hey mate, don't have that model. have the double which gets bashed about the creeks with my son and myself, i also use it solo in the centre position. for a cheap kayak the strength of the hull is good! i think the dragon kayak is the better of the cheaper range of kayaks
shappy
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: redlands
Kayaks: dragon Kayak 2.5 double, PA14

Postby WadeH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Peter,

I have the 4m Dragon Pro, seems great for the price! It is fairly stable in the water and does what I expected from it. I'm still not entirely sure that I needed the 4m vs the 2.7m, but really the only downside is the awkward size/weight to get it on the roof solo.

Wade
WadeH
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane Northside
Kayaks: 4m Dragon Pro

Postby Dodge » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 pm

WadeH wrote: I'm still not entirely sure that I needed the 4m vs the 2.7m, but really the only downside is the awkward size/weight to get it on the roof solo.

Wade

Wade once you have paddled both sizes you would know the longer yak is better mate.

You can load the longer yak using a side loader mate, where you only lift one end at a time, I load the 4m Swing on top of a van this way and can post pictures if that helps you.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby WadeH » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks for that, I assumed that would be the case, but hadn't paddled a smaller one since I was young.
As for the loading, I grabbed a set of the K-Rack loader mounts as I just picked up my new Outback and didn't want to risk any way to mark the car. Sliding onto the old ute was much less stressful haha
WadeH
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane Northside
Kayaks: 4m Dragon Pro

Return to Main