my 13ft revolution

Show everyone your rigged kayak or look for ideas here.

my 13ft revolution

Postby revolt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:46 am

I bought my revolution a few months ago. Since buying it I have added hobie side kicks this was a great move I mainly use it off shore and the added stability is a big plus. I recently fitted an 18lb watersnake trolling motor I only run it at low speed setting and even find this is probably a bit too fast for trolling but still a great addition. I have a 30ah Agm battery which gives hours of running time without adding too much weight. My next purchase is going to be a sounder with Gps. I only will be fishing in water with maximum depth of about 20 mts. I am after advice on what to buy. Been looking at Lowrance elite 4x on utube are they any good. I want something which will give good picture of bottom structure and fish. I am on a budget so price under 300 prefered. Open for recommendations.cheers Rev
revolt
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: adelaide

Re: my 13ft revolution

Postby Marty75 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am

In that price point I'd try something like a Lowrance Hook 2 5x. GPS plotting capabilities without maps.
Marty75
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Mid north coast
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 465, Tarpon 120, Hobie Quest 11

Postby NorthSIKer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 am

A lot of people on this forum have not had a good run with Lowrance on kayaks - me included.

Worth looking at the equivalent Garmins as they seem to be more durable.
NorthSIKer
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: North Queensland
Kayaks: Mirage 582, Kaskazi Skua

Postby Zonbie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm

I too have had problems with Lowrance units. I am also now a happy Garmin user. I would definitely give them a look......... Easy to read in the sun too.
Zonbie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: northern rivers and bribie
Kayaks: Had an Outback then a Nemo now a Finn Fisher, a Wahoo & a Pypen

Postby Paulioq » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I know its more then your budget but I got a simrad go5 and me thinks its a tip top unit. seem to only use side scan now with the chart and don't know how I ever fished with out (all of Morton bay is less then 20m and most places I fish are only 5m). have a look at boatingandrv.com.au they seem to be well priced. check the charts some of the cheap gps units are just that gps position with no chart. navionics is a comprehensive chart but garmin use c chart go in the shop and have a look. I thought I only wanted a cheaper unit but after seeing what a good sounder chartplotter(not just gps unit) can do I decided to shell out the extra. it will make a difference in your fish bag at the end of the day
Paulioq
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Wynnum

Return to Rigged Kayaks