Smoked Luderick & Mullet Yum

Got a favourite recipe or looking for one?

Smoked Luderick & Mullet Yum

Postby Freewily » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Well I finally smoked & ate my first Luderick. Yummy.
I had crusty bread rolls & white wine with it.
There was cooked beans & cut tomatoes with it. But I didn't eat them. I just scoffed into the Luderick (Blackfish) & Mullet with crusty bread rolls. And drank the wine. So nice. Hic! :fg:
Can't say whether the Luderick is better than the Mullet. Both are very nice. Thanks Roberta for the tip on smoking Luderick. :ha:
Jaws4. Yep Luderick are nice smoked. Thanks.
I will try smoked fish pie next I hope. :ll: Thanks again Roberta! :ll:
I have got a galvanised steel box type smoker with a small stainless steel bowl that I put Metho in & light it. On the smoker tray I put a sawdust type of wood I purchased from a Barbeque shop called Barbeques Galore & above that I have a grid or grill that I put my fish on to be smoked. Then I put the lid on & let the metho burn the sawdust to create the smoke & heat to smoke & cook the fish. It cooks in about half an hour. Yum! Hic. :snic:
Check the photo. By the way that glass is my wine. Hic. :ha:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YAK P.B. Salmon 60cm, Flathead 60cm, Trevally 42cm, Carp 38cm, Bream 40cm, Luderick 42cm, Tarwhine 30cm,
Blue Morwong 48cm, Mullet 38cm, Bass 39cm, Garfish 34cm, Leatherjacket 27cm, Flounder 28cm, Snapper 50cm, Bonito 60cm, Whiting 38cm, Tailor 52cm, LongTom 66cm.

If this was my job I'd Love It!!
Freewily
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Dagger Drifter, Hobie Revolution

Re: Smoked Luderick & Mullet Yum

Postby Tassie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 pm

If there is one thing I like as much as fishing, it's cooking and eating my own food. That looks very very nice and it's making my mouth water already.
I remember I went up to forster and arpie and I caught a nice bag of luderick. That night it was the first time I had eaten fresh blackies and they were fantastic eating, very underrated especially with abit og olive oil, bacon and capsicum mmmmmmmmm
Tassie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane Area

Postby Jools » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:08 am

Well done Freewily. :ll:

The smoked fish is the absolutely perfect colour. Looks like you've got the smoking part of it down to a 'tee'.
I guess you'll be having more smoked fish in the future.
I bet it was yummy. :ll:
Jools
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Wherever my feet take me.

Postby Freewily » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Yes Jaws4 it was yummy. Looking forward to more this year! :ha:
YAK P.B. Salmon 60cm, Flathead 60cm, Trevally 42cm, Carp 38cm, Bream 40cm, Luderick 42cm, Tarwhine 30cm,
Blue Morwong 48cm, Mullet 38cm, Bass 39cm, Garfish 34cm, Leatherjacket 27cm, Flounder 28cm, Snapper 50cm, Bonito 60cm, Whiting 38cm, Tailor 52cm, LongTom 66cm.

If this was my job I'd Love It!!
Freewily
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Dagger Drifter, Hobie Revolution

Return to Favourite Seafood Recipes