Bream with Honey and Almonds

Got a favourite recipe or looking for one?
Ben

Bream with Honey and Almonds

#1 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I need to wait until Ben catches some Bream first to try out this recipe on him, but thought that I would share it with you in case you would like to try it out.

Again going for simplicity for time poor people like me, :shock: this meal should be ready in approx 30 minutes

Ingredients:
2 Bream
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of slithered almonds
Approx 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of butter
Add the below only if you like
1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
3 chopped up shallots

In a frypan melt the butter and fry almonds on a low to medium heat until brown (be careful not to burn) then remove from frypan.

If you want to include shallots in this recipe then use the same frypan to heat them for a minute to soften them.

In a saucepan mix honey, lemon juice and soy sauce over a low heat - if you want the ginger add this in as well, and then add your shallots.

Place sheets of alfoil into an oven dish - enough to wrap around the fish.

Put your fish in the oven dish and pour some of the honey, soy, ginger, shallot marinate over the top sprinkle the toasted almonds followed by another pour of the marinade.

Cover the fish with the alfoil and place in the oven at 180 degrees for approx 20 minutes (depending on size of fish)

Serve with Basmati rice, vegetables or salad

:grin:

Ben

#2 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi Nat
It might take you 30min. But I hope you appreciate your husband paddling to distant hunting grounds to provide fresh fish. Does that mean I can have an extra day?
Kayak Leave to catch you two bream :love:

Cheers Ben

Buj
Founder / Site Admin
Local Fishing Region: Central Coast NSW
Kayaks: OK Prowler 4.5 Elite, Malibu Mini X

#3 Post by Buj » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi Nat & Ben, I think your going to have to start a KFDU home delivery service. :lol:
Regards,

Return to “Favourite Seafood Recipes”