Using the Ipad - Very frustrating.

Need some help with forum features? Ask us here.

Using the Ipad - Very frustrating.

Postby hillbilly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:18 pm

I've had a frustrating day. I understand everything on my desktop re KFDU but very little on the IPad.
What I can and can't do on my IPad.
1. Using a chip reader I can copy an image from my camera and put it in photos on the Ipad at the size I had on the camera settings.eg. 4 MB +
2. I can also send this photo once in my photos album via email or text and use the image size reduction to get my 4.2 MB to a reduced size.eg, 200 MB.
3. On the IPad using an app that Brad suggested and uses, I can change an image size of 4000 x 3000 pixels to 900 x 600 pixels but when I try to upload the image it is still too large for the forum. How large though, I don't know as you can't get the properties of an image on the IPad.
4. On the desktop I use an really old version of Adobe Photoshop but it has options of high to low (0 - 10) resolution? so setting it at medium 7 for instance, the image at 900 x 600 pixels could be around 100 kb and easily uploaded to the forum.
5. The app I put on the Ipad doesn't have an option other than change the pixel count which you have no idea of knowing the image size of eg. Under or over the 250kb size which can or cannot be uploaded.

I've tried the reducing of the image and sending it to myself but I can't save that image back into photos on the Ipad to then use for the forum. I think this is because cause it hasn't been sent as an attachment but the reason I haven't done it that way is because it wants you to go though ICloud which I hate with a passion and have turned off. I use apps very sparingly too as they always want to take over.

Any ideas. How do you do it on an Ipad other than lowering the settings on your camera?
"Trust the research and educate rather than dictate."
hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: South East Queensland

Re: Using the Ipad - Very frustrating.

Postby Leper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi Bill,

I have always reduced the image down to 720 x 520. The biggest I do are 800 x 600. I know that 720 x 520 definitely work using the PhotoResizer App? Give it a go at this res and see how it goes. All the photos in the Social comps are uploaded at that resolution.

Cheers

Brad
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Postby hillbilly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi Brad. That may be because your original image size is much less than mine (4.5 MB). I reduced my pixels to 600 x 450 but obviously was still to large (greater than 250 kb) as it was rejected by the forum?? I'll eventually work it out. Regards Bill :cry:
hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Leper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Hmm most of mine are 3.5 a 4Mb and the same size also, so there is not too much difference but it may be enough to cause issues. Send me one of the photos via email to play with. My email is yakkinleper@gmail.com.

Cheers

Brad
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Postby hillbilly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks Brad, maybe I'm close to getting it right. I don't want you to waste time on my issues. I'll sort it out eventually. It's the weekend now and I'm here at Pottsville. They have a community centre that has a technology department to sort out any computer issues. Unfortunately the apple guru wasn't rostered on today. On Monday am heading back to Brisbane and I know what to do there on the desktop. I can master the Ipad later. Bill
hillbilly
KFDU 500 Club

Return to Forum Help