New Forum Topic Suggestion "Hooking Up"

Need some help with forum features? Ask us here.
Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

New Forum Topic Suggestion "Hooking Up"

#1 Post by Plakkyboat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi all,

To my knowledge, to date there's no yak fishing club in my local area.

Therefore wouldn't it be a good idea to have a topic or section on the KFDU forum that caters for others in a similar situation?

It would be great to have a permanent topic on KFDU named something like "Hooking Up"

It could assist people looking make contact with others in their area via this excellent forum.
It seems to happen already to some degree but from my observations it's mostly at random in various forum categories but not just one.

This suggested topic (or something similar) could become a growing list with the headings/topics that are as brief as just the name of specific areas and alphabetically ordered.

Perhaps the Admin people could 'lock' the named "areas" that are suggested to them via a "sub topic" called "Add your area" (at the top of the "Hooking Up" list).

Then people could simply add a post to to the relevant topic that names their local areas. This would allow them to express their interest in making contact with other people who fish that area (PMs etc).

Hopefully I have posted this suggestion in the correct area to be noticed by the forum admin. :?:
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

Magilla Gorilla
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

Re: New Forum Topic Suggestion "Hooking Up"

#2 Post by Magilla Gorilla » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:36 pm

When I saw the title of the post, I thought this was some kind of dating site - :lol:
But it is a good idea as there are members here that can only fish weekdays over weekends, etc, etc
Cheers
MG

smurf007
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South east qld
Kayaks: viking nemo + tarpon 120

#3 Post by smurf007 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm

great idea but there is already the "coordinated fishing trip" section and then they have the club area's that people post in too. Wouldn't you fall into the "Gold Coast / Northern Rivers Kayak Fishing Club" area?

viewforum.php?f=9

Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

#4 Post by Plakkyboat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Not meant to be a dating site but it might work that way for some.... :grin:

The "Coordinated Fishing Trips" is chronologically ordered and the 'Subject" line doesn't always indicate the area of interest (at a glance).
Therefore it makes it more tedious to find a specific area to see who fishes there.

That's why I suggested a controlled subject/topic as "area names" posted by Admin showing the name of specific areas nominated by suggestion.
If possible, alphabetically ordered will make it easy for anyone to find their area quickly to see a list of everyone who wants to express their interest.

I put SEQ as my area in my profile but that is only generalised and deliberately less personalised. I like to imagine that I've retained a little anonymity.
Therefore personally I'd use the "PM" system to actually make contact and the forum to generally speak about local fishing.

My local areas include 3 rivers and 2 dams which are within 5 minutes to a 1 hour drive depending on the location.

Gold Coast and Northern Rivers area would be about 6 to 7 hours drive south from me and yet I pretty much qualify as living in SEQ.
I guess that the population of kayak fishers in those areas is so large that finding others would be much easier than is the case with my local area.

The objective of my suggestion is to more effectively assist others in a similar situation, not just myself.
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image

Return to “Forum Help”