Scorpio Kayak ?

Need help in selecting a kayak for fishing? Or do you have a review to share?
paperboy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Old Bar - mid north coast
Kayaks: prowler 4.1's elite & utra

Scorpio Kayak ?

#1 Post by paperboy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

Was hoping someone could help me I am upgrading . currently in a Mini x & wanting something faster & better suited to outside main problem I have at the moment is beach launching and covering any great distances .Have been looking keenly at the ocean prowlers but have budget issues .I have just come across an advertisement for a Scorpio Leatherback ,it looks like a Mantra Palini & also puts that name beside it in one section . So i was wondering if anyone knew if they were the same craft & does anybody have one of either & how would they rate it the purposes i intend it .It seems a really good price from what looks like a reputable dealer.Any feedback would be much appreciated.Thanks

paperboy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Old Bar - mid north coast
Kayaks: prowler 4.1's elite & utra

Re: Scorpio Kayak ?

#2 Post by paperboy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Looks like no one has one has one ,no worries i got me a prowler cheers boogzlen love it already woohoooo :lol:

stertz
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: QLD
Kayaks: Mariner 12.5

Re: Scorpio Kayak ?

#3 Post by stertz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Sorry I didn't see your post, I have a palani. I have only had it a couple of months. It is my first yak, and seems to be pretty good.It is very stable, I manage to stand and fish on calm days. I haven't paddles a lot of yaks but it seems to paddle good for me thou a rudder would help it track better, but for the price it's pretty good, I was also looking at the leatherback but the 2nd hand palani popped up(Thanks Slaughter) It has a lot of room for fishing and I am able to load it onto the car roof on my own. I am now hooked on yak fishing and looking to upgrade but, now saving for a hobie or OK

Return to “Which Kayak For Me”