ANOTHER Profish GT thread..

Need help in selecting a kayak for fishing? Or do you have a review to share?
Kimall
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Toowoomba

ANOTHER Profish GT thread..

#1 Post by Kimall » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:06 am

Well after years of messing around with cheaper yaks and never being completely happy I finally put a deposit on a NEW Viking Profish GT.
It was a long week waiting for the call to let me know the kayak was ready to go after having the factory rudder kit fitted. But a mate who also bought one and I arrived bright and early at THAT FISHING SHOP yesterday ready to load them up and get them in the water.
I just want to say the customer service level that we received from Richard is unheard of now days with most shops just taking your money and pushing you out the door. Not Richard he got staff in to look after the shop just so he could take Graham and I down the end of the street for a test run and some paddling tuition (which helped heaps thanks mate) and even took us to his semi secret spot to try out the yaks in full fishing conditions. :wink: (He didnt even fish). We fished though and I LOVE this new yak, you feel confident on them straight away and I am not as light and nimble as I used to be. The way things are designed and thought out on the Viking is spot on and the tackle pod design is sensational fitting heaps of gear in there and keeping it all nice and dry. On the way back across the Brisbane River we had to contend with about 100 boats and jet skies and a fair wind and it was actually fun paddling through the waves to get back to the boat ramp. We were both so impressed with the new yaks. Never having used the rudder system on a yak before I loved the extra control it gives you.
For anyone thinking about spending some serious coin on a kayak and wondering if it is worth the extra outlay over a cheapy(Like I did for years).You should drop in and see Richard at That Fishing Shop and organise a test paddle as people just telling you about it is nothing like a short test paddle to get it clear in your mind.
I even caught a bream on a lure so it came with mojo too.
Thanks again Richard and I cant wait to meet up for another fish one day. :wink:
Cheers KIM

HARTE
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Toowoomba Qld
Kayaks: Viking Profish GT, WS Aspire 105

Re: ANOTHER Profish GT thread..

#2 Post by HARTE » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks Kim,
Great post, thank you Richard for the excellent service from "That Fishing Shop", pleasure dealing with you!
Very happy with my new Viking Profish GT sharing the garage space with my Native Watercraft Slayer 10 Propel, great combo!
Life is too short for bad wine or average kayaks, living the dream :glad:
Great service from Richard, thanks mate!
Cheers, Graham.
Last edited by HARTE on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mouse
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: SEQ

#3 Post by mouse » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:56 am

Congrates on your new purchase fella's. :cool:
Great to here a company offering exceptional customer service, one element that is forgotten these days. Hats off to you Richard, sign of a successful business model. :cool:

Hoping to get in there one day, when will you open a store on the Nth Side :lol:
Cheers,
Kym

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish GT, Viking Reload, Viking Espri

#4 Post by Ftp » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:55 pm

mouse wrote:Congrates on your new purchase fella's. :cool:
Great to here a company offering exceptional customer service, one element that is forgotten these days. Hats off to you Richard, sign of a successful business model. :cool:

Hoping to get in there one day, when will you open a store on the Nth Side :lol:

Looking at a site tomorrow..

Ftp
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Fig tree pocket
Kayaks: Viking Profish GT, Viking Reload, Viking Espri

#5 Post by Ftp » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks guys for your support! It was a pretty satisfying moment seeing my local creek afloat with happy customers.

Return to “Which Kayak For Me”