Looking for bigger yak

Need help in selecting a kayak for fishing? Or do you have a review to share?

Looking for bigger yak

Postby jonnie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi guys,what i'm looking for is stability not speed and i'm fitting a electric motor to get out only a couple hundred meters searching mainly for squid.
The maximum weight/load rating is not always accurate as that's what the manufacturer labels it's product and i don't trust them,this is why i'm asking here from people who use the yaks and can give a honest opinion.

I'm looking for a plastic yak no shorter than 13 feet but wide and bulky over 80cm wide and trying to keep it under a grand with a rudder fitted.
I have seen many used one's on ebay and gumtree and did searches on youtube trying to see what they look like on water trying to see if they sit high or low in the water,but i'd like to hear what you guys are suggesting.

Just starting out and my first post and the forum looks great,glad to be here.
jonnie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: South Australia
Kayaks: 4m Cobra

Re: Looking for bigger yak

Postby WAGrunter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:59 pm

These are good stable yaks .Malibu X factor 13 ft . $ 850 at moment from BCF . Has rudder hole at stern . Make your own from ally or plywood . Image. or...Image liked the look of this new Glide . 14ft has rudder and hull fittings for trolling motor mount behind seat area . Also has electronics pod and tranny scupper with bracket inserts in hull . $999 XKF-4200
WAGrunter
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: AAAAH- OWEE (Cockburn Sound )
Kayaks: Hobie outback-LE pew. Seabird fisherman 12 .. Both rigged for sailing

Re: Looking for bigger yak

Postby jonnie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:54 pm

I have seen the Malibu X factor 13 ft and in consideration as a posibility
jonnie
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: South Australia
Kayaks: 4m Cobra

Return to Which Kayak For Me