Ebay braid line

So who's been offshore recently? How did you go?
mirage583
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: coffs harbour

Ebay braid line

#1 Post by mirage583 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Anyone out there using ebay bought braid line like Dorisea spectra Dyneema or Benedict brand line or kastking superpower? I,d be interested in hearing whether they're any good.

Paulioq
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wynnum
Kayaks: pa14 profiha525

Re: Ebay braid line

#2 Post by Paulioq » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:19 am

don't do it. plenty of post on cheap braid here do a search

murd
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Coffs Northern Beaches
Kayaks: Sprite (SIK), Old Town Loon (SIK), Stealth Fisha 460

#3 Post by murd » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Don't agree - I have been using an ebay brand called POWER Braid Thin PE 8 Strand 30lb (1000m spool) for the past few years and it has been amazing. Biggest fish it caught was a Black Cod from the boat out the front here that we estimated at 40kg+. Has been used on kings, spannos, longtails, wobbygongs etc with never a breakage or knot slippage. To date I can't fault it.

Make sure your rod guides are in good nick otherwise it will damage your 'cheap' braid and you'll get problems (as my mate did who said the same braid was crap until I checked his guides...)

Happy shopping!

Rick

mirage583
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: coffs harbour

#4 Post by mirage583 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Reviews on the Internet and youtubers mostly have good reviews on kastking superpower braid. I can buy 300 m of 20 lb for about $15 on ebay. A lot cheaper than power pro which is what i,m using now . I,ll have a look at what you are using Rick, thanks for the post. Mark

SpiritFisha
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Spirit CTR

#5 Post by SpiritFisha » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:57 pm

I recently bought some Sea Lion braid off eBay (Melbourne seller) to try. While I am generally happy with the quality of the braid the diameters stated are waaay off. The 30# 0.22 mm braid measure 0.30 mm while the 20# 0.15 mm measure 0.25 mm. The colour and feel between the 2 braids also vary significantly and I suspect the braid are from different manufacturers. I particularly like the 20# braid and have used it to catch a number of longtail & mack tunas without any issues.
Spirit CRT
If I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about it....

Return to “OffShore Reports”