Warmer weather = Hotter fishing

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
SpiritFisha
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Spirit CTR

Warmer weather = Hotter fishing

#1 Post by SpiritFisha » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:43 pm

As the weather starts to warm up in the Bundaberg area so it seems does the fishing. Went out last Saturday morning for a paddle on a local creek and got some nice Mangrove Jack, Flathead and Queenfish. Missed out on a photo of the Queenie, which would have been close to the 90 cm mark, when the GoPro battery died on me. Looking forward to the upcoming long weekend and hope to post a few pic's next week, if I'm lucky. With all the fishing options in our area it is sometimes hard to make decisions where to go but the plan is to hit the fresh to see if I can entice a Barra/Bass and the estuary for some Jacks/Flathead and maybe get that Queenie that was a bit camera shy last time...
Mangrove Jack_1.jpg
Mangrove Jack_2.jpg
Flathead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit CRT
If I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about it....

mAx
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Ibosa Sea Eagle

Re: Warmer weather = Hotter fishing

#2 Post by mAx » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Big dogs!
Inhale - Exhale

Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Re: Warmer weather = Hotter fishing

#3 Post by Ads22 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:01 pm

Some ripper fish there! Still haven't had a chance to search around down your way, but so keen if I can find the time! Great colours on that Jack, too!
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

Return to “Estuary Reports”