Woolaware bay nice flatty on a bream lure

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
westie
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: sydney
Kayaks: 2012 pa12 , Outback 07, 2014 Quest 11,Revo 11.

Woolaware bay nice flatty on a bream lure

#1 Post by westie » Thu May 16, 2019 1:19 am

After a quick change of plans on Sunday I went out for a later than usual flick around the flats & racks of Botany Bay.
Caught a few nice bream & a PB lizard that went 88cm on a pro lure crank in matt black that was missing the front trebles.
I think I was lucky to land this fish as I had to deal with a lot of weed on the line.
flathead 88cm (Custom).png
IMG_20190512_115956 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20190512_120027 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20190512_120101 (Custom).jpg
Video Here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIpSClanMl4[/youtube]

Cheers
Westie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pbs: bream 40cm, whiting 49cm. flathead 77cm, kingfish 71cm, jewfish 87cm,Bass (wr) 55cm Golden Perch 59cm,hairtail 121cm

kkw
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Port Hacking/Botany Bay, New South Wales

Re: Woolaware bay nice flatty on a bream lure

#2 Post by kkw » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am

Good work Westie. I was beginning to think that the site was broken down, as no reports for ages. The video link is not working for me though.

Steve R
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Eden and thereabouts
Kayaks: Hurricane Skimmer; Racing TK1 (Mr Tippy).

#3 Post by Steve R » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 am

kkw wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am
Good work Westie. I was beginning to think that the site was broken down, as no reports for ages. The video link is not working for me though.
Embedding videos hasn't worked properly since the site was changed to https. You can work around it but the easy way it to follow the URL. In case you don't see the link, the following should display the video (nice catch):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIpSClanMl4
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau

kkw
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Port Hacking/Botany Bay, New South Wales

#4 Post by kkw » Thu May 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks Steve. It wouldn't play in I.E. but was fine on Firefox. Also, the old problem of getting logged out when hitting 'reply' or changing to look at topics is recurring, along with the warning re the security certificate for the site having expired. :grr:

Steve R
KFDU 1000 Club

#5 Post by Steve R » Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm

kkw wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:21 pm
Thanks Steve. It wouldn't play in I.E. but was fine on Firefox. Also, the old problem of getting logged out when hitting 'reply' or changing to look at topics is recurring, along with the warning re the security certificate for the site having expired. :grr:

The upgrade of software and the move to secure connections were positive steps but the forum is a little slow reacting to problems and could use more volunteers. Meanwhile, we have what we have, which is still a very useful resource.

Shortcuts to select and copy before [Submit] then paste (if needed) reduces the logout frustration.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau

Rory222
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Riverina, NE Vic & Wallis Lake
Kayaks: Hobie Outback (Dune), Hobie Sport (Blue), Hobie PA14 (Dune)

#6 Post by Rory222 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:34 am

Nice flatty! Well done.

We’ve gotta try and keep the posts up otherwise KFDU will be dead.

Cmon all let’s hear your fishing tales!!! :wink:
Yak PB's
Murray Cod - 68cm
Trout Cod - 58cm
Yellowbelly - 53cm
Flathead - 91cm
Bream - 43cm
Whiting - 40cm
Tailor - 45cm
Trevally - 43cm
Redfin - 25cm
Blackfish - 34cm
Tarwhine - 36cm
Carp - 74cm
River Blackfish - 15cm

westie
KFDU Angler

#7 Post by westie » Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm

thanks guys & well said Rory, we are all guilty of forgetting to post , love reading how everyone going hot or not .
wish i could link the videos easier but this is the best i can do at the moment.
cheers
Westie
Pbs: bream 40cm, whiting 49cm. flathead 77cm, kingfish 71cm, jewfish 87cm,Bass (wr) 55cm Golden Perch 59cm,hairtail 121cm

westie
KFDU Angler

#8 Post by westie » Fri May 17, 2019 1:44 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ytumer
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Sydney, Central Coast
Kayaks: Malibu Stealth 12

#9 Post by ytumer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:18 pm

kkw wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am
I've had trouble accessing the site for a few months now. The shortcut I had was no longer working. I tried Googling and clicking the main link but that also didn't work. Only way I could get around it was by clicking on the 'main' forum section link directly which has now finally worked. I suspect a lot of other people are experiencing similar issues and that it's stopping them from visiting the forum.

Steve R
KFDU 1000 Club

#10 Post by Steve R » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 pm

ytumer wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:18 pm
I've had trouble accessing the site for a few months now. The shortcut I had was no longer working. I tried Googling and clicking the main link but that also didn't work. Only way I could get around it was by clicking on the 'main' forum section link directly which has now finally worked. I suspect a lot of other people are experiencing similar issues and that it's stopping them from visiting the forum.

The 'non secure' link ('http' instead of 'https')
This one will take you straight to the Board Index:
http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum
and will roll you straight past the certificate warning until Buj finds the time to renew the certificate :conf:

Realistically, we're probably not a huge target for data thieves so the risk is relatively minor but you need to be aware a 'man in the middle attack' would give access to everything you have in your User Control Panel plus personal messages.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)

Return to “Estuary Reports”