raby bay cat fish=crab bait

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
Paulioq
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wynnum
Kayaks: pa14 profiha525

raby bay cat fish=crab bait

#1 Post by Paulioq » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:46 pm

went for a fish down raby bay this morning wasn't a lot around maybe all the wave and swell action this week has the fish holding in deeper water still. was anchored up putting out a berly trail, have been geting bitten off quite a bit the last few trips out there and wello was maybe hopeing for a mackerel well no luck there was a longshot any way but I did get a 68cm bay catfish. gees it made a good account of it self as well wasn't sure what it was at first didn't feel like a shark but not pulling as hard as a snapper but giving strong head shakes. after a 5 minute fight and 3 good runs I got it yak side to see it was a stinking huge cat fish, spewen thought it was a edible fish oh well lucky there the best mud crab bait to use so I put it in the bag and will go set the pots later this week and turn that cat fish in to some yummo mudcrab. got a tailor and a small shark think I was due for a dud trip been beating my pbs the last few. ran into some other hobies out there and said gday was still a nice morning out even though the fish were far and few between.

shappy
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: redlands
Kayaks: dragon Kayak 2.5 double, PA14

Re: raby bay cat fish=crab bait

#2 Post by shappy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:15 pm

hey mate, that was me saying g'day. just came across your report, haven't logged in for a while.
they were some good runs put up by that catfish!! when i was approaching and saw that first run when you hooked up, i was thinking thats going to be a nice snapper....
i didn't finish up to badly with a couple solid bream, a sweatily and snapper for dinner.

cheers, shappy

Paulioq
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wynnum
Kayaks: pa14 profiha525

Re: raby bay cat fish=crab bait

#3 Post by Paulioq » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:57 am

a gday again, nice to meet some one of the board. those cat fish are deciveing I thought it was as well specially when I started getting head pumps from it :cry: I think there disappointing to catch because they go hard and are fun to catch. i'll see how he goes later in my crab pots when I pick them up today. got some looks at the boat ramp yesterday using a panel saw to cut that frozen cat fish up in to 4 baits for my pots. it was a barrel of a fish weighed 4.2kg.

Return to “Estuary Reports”