Prob my final report for June ..... dodgey weather again!

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Prob my final report for June ..... dodgey weather again!

#1 Post by arpie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi guys

One thing & another - I've not been able to get out as often as I'd like this month ..... but have still managed to grab the odd fish! :gu:

I had a go at casting from the rocks (having seen a buddy land some whopper bream from them!) but I only managed to land some stinky pike on DTSCO! LOL
P6120008.jpg
P6120009.jpg
Not to be deterred ..... I had another go on the yak! Dave/Huggy came out with me, but didn't catch enough fish, so reckons he won't bother fishing the Keys again! :lol: I fish mainly for 'sport' - so will fish anywhere, anytime!! :lek:
huggy pic.jpg
With my trusty DTSCO .... I landed yet ANOTHER trevor at the Keys!! Hmmmm - small tho they are - is this a sign of things to come? They used to be rare in The Paddock as well! :beye:
P6140015.jpg
Then a nice little bream jumped on board ... on DTSCO (all weighted to make them 'suspend'!)
P6150002.jpg
And a nicer one again! :gu:
P6150003.jpg
P6150010.jpg
Then a very nice 'clean' fish fell to a deep diving Crackjack!
P6150013.jpg
And a nicer one again ....
P6150016.jpg
It was a fun day on the water!! At one stage, I was getting hit after hit (with lots of smaller fish landed as well) and in the early stage, about 5-10 fish following the lure before 'peeling away'! SO much fun to see!!

There is a slight chance I may get out on Sat if the weather isn't too bad - but some bad stuff is coming up from Vic .... fingers crossed!! :wink:

cheers

Roberta

Rob Searing/MasterAngler has kicked off a Monthly Fishing Report Comp starting in July ......

Get into it!! Some top fishing gear is up for grabs - just write a report & you could win it (make sure you lodge it on the Comp Thread!)

http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51584
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

steve61
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: illawarra
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 11

Re: Prob my final report for June ..... dodgey weather again

#2 Post by steve61 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Roberta
As usual a great post. whats the average depth you are getting your bream in?

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

#3 Post by arpie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks Steve ...... I usually fish pretty shallow water - I can always see the bottom!! :wink: I think the fish have to make a quicker decision whether to 'grab it' or not - top water or diving ...... and I stay out of the way of boats! :lol:

cheers

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

#4 Post by Ads22 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 am

Nice and fish and photos as always Roberta. Always great to be on the water but fishing from land can be a nice change up anyway.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 103cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

Return to “Estuary Reports”