can't do anything!

Been fishing the estuaries? Let us know how you went.
arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year
Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

can't do anything!

#1 Post by arpie » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi guys

Getting a bit sick of being logged out at every turn .... now can't even put up pics. :( no 'place inline' :grr:

FARKING HELL!
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

Ads22
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Re: can't do anything!

#2 Post by Ads22 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:21 pm

That's odd arpie, it's working on my end. Not sure why you are having the dramas and not sure I'm capable of doing much from this end, sorry.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 103cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

#3 Post by Dodge » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Roberta reckon it is time to register in another name as your battle is never ending.

Start fresh and rejoin as 'arpie2' once registered in that name you are active again and out of the present mire.

A clean slate has to be good.

And later perhaps you can resolve the 'arpie' headache issues, all your previous posts can link together somewhere down the line.

All members will know who arpie2 is with no problems, there are two other members here who resolved dilemmas in past [not currant issues] just by adding a 2 to their original username

BTW I just check picture functions, and all is good including 'inline' mate
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

zarbs
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Albany Western Australia
Kayaks: Outback

#4 Post by zarbs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 am

Glad you're hangin in there, I would have spat it long ago when I was having problems logging in (now ok). Perhaps that's why you catch more fish than I do persistence :grin:

Marty75
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: NSW Mid north coast
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 465, Tarpon 120, Hobie Quest 11

#5 Post by Marty75 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 am

Are you using a web browser on a PC? If yes try clearing your cache.

I also updated my saved book mark for KFDU from http://www.kfdu.com.au to https://www.kfdu.com.au and having no log out issues.

Marty

arpie

#6 Post by arpie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:16 am

OK .... cleared the cookies, logged out, closed the browser & left it 10 mins. Signed in again .... and able to add pics again ..... but still getting logged out at every turn - when I 'submit' or 'preview' .... and may well lose this post & pics! Time will tell

I might have to resort to Dodge's suggestion & sign in as a 'new' arpie2!!

I haven't been out that much with my uke gigs taking up most of this month & last bit of Nov.

Marty - I only use Macs since the 80s. What is a 'cache' vs 'history'? Or are they one & the same? I've cleared my entire computer history (a real pain in the arse when logging on to other sites!)

My usual lures doing the job - DTSCO, Greedyguts, Umpa, and even a blade (out of desperation)
PB300015.jpg
PB300017.jpg
PB300019.jpg
PB300020.jpg
PB200026.jpg
PB200027.jpg
PB200028.jpg
PB200024.jpg
PB190021.jpg
PB190016.jpg
PB190013.jpg
PB120003.jpg
After posting these pics, and 'seeing them normally' when I Submitted .... when I just clicked on the thread now - it looks like this!
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.18.51 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rory222
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Riverina, NE Vic & Wallis Lake
Kayaks: Hobie Outback (Dune), Hobie Sport (Blue), Hobie PA14 (Dune)

#7 Post by Rory222 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm

I was having to log in again each time I looked at KFDU but not at every mouse click (preview, flicking between topics etc)

I changed my bookmarked address to the https one as Marty suggests and now I’m staying logged in with no problems at all.

That’s about all the advice I can offer. Don’t give up, the forum would be lost without you!

Nice fishies by the way! :grin:
Yak PB's
Murray Cod - 68cm
Trout Cod - 58cm
Yellowbelly - 53cm
Flathead - 91cm
Bream - 43cm
Whiting - 40cm
Tailor - 45cm
Trevally - 43cm
Redfin - 25cm
Blackfish - 34cm
Tarwhine - 36cm
Carp - 74cm
River Blackfish - 15cm

arpie

#8 Post by arpie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Replying on my phone .... see if there is a difference.

It is the only android device i have.

Glad yours is OK now, Briana! Looking forward to fishing with the new Queen of Bream. :wink: Let me know when you arrive.

How's this for a sunset? My nephew took it the other weekend.
Resized_20181124_194101_4816.jpeg
Not sure I want to do all my posts on here tho!!

Also joinedup as arpie2 as a backup (thanks for the suggestion, Dodge.) Just waiting for confirmation.

Back on my Macbook Pro - and once again, logged out with every push of the button (even tho I am on the 'secure' site 'https')

Any other tips gratefully received! I have my 'bookmarked one' to active topics? Should I change it to the Main one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arpie

#9 Post by arpie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Made SURE I deleted the cache from Safari & then logged out, shut it & opened it ..... Logging out is still happening! :roll: :cry:

Kareless1
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: South Queensland Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft 10 ft, Freak 8 ft

#10 Post by Kareless1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Don't worry Roberta I still haven't worked out how to be able to add pictures on so I just respond or ask questions. Some day my grandson who's doing IT will have the time and PATIENCE to teach an old fart how to do it. :lol:
It's okay not to be okay...
Best fish; Aust Bass 51cm, Bream 30cm, Barra 65cm, Flathead 49cm, Whiting 27cm, Trevally 35cm

Green Hornet
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: NSW South Coast Estuaries and Lakes
Kayaks: Outback

#11 Post by Green Hornet » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:18 pm

The issues are obviously having an effect on user participation.
I log on daily and for the first time in over 5 years, since becoming a member, there was not 1 new post to read this morning.

For the record, I use chrome on both a PC and iphone and it works perfectly on the 2 devices.

Pete49
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Spencer Gulf
Kayaks: ebay special 3m and Swing

#12 Post by Pete49 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Arpie as you know I was having the log out problem too and last night I changed the address to this: https://www.kfdu.com.au and the problem is resolved. :grin: I use chrome and a pc so may not help you.

arpie

#13 Post by arpie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Thanks Guys

Adam/Ads22 has done some tests on my 'log in' and has found that with some browsers, even HE was logged out constantly when changing pages - and that was on his work AND home computers, Windows.

Read this thread for his take on it ....... (where Adam was signed on me 'me', doing the test! Then I come in at the end!)
https://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=51865

I've been using the 'https' almost since the upgrade & it hasn't changed my problem at all. I wish it was that simple. My sister used to use Chrome on her mac (same laptop as mine) but has stopped using it now as it has also caused other concerns with her computer operating smoothly.

The weather isn't conducive to fishing just now - windy & wet tho I ducked out briefly today - and it was ..... yep, windy & wet! Raining again now as I type. Hooked a HEAP of undersize flatties (about 10) but none of any quality (all on GGs) and the bream were in hiding.

Fingers crossed the weather clears for Xmas!! :gu:

cheers

Roberta

Paulioq
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wynnum
Kayaks: pa14 profiha525

#14 Post by Paulioq » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:22 am

Dodge wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:50 pm
rejoin as 'arpie2'
ahh what theres 2 arpies now :lol: hello I have never been a fan of chrome, being from google I have always thought it was another tactic of theres to monitor what a person is doing online, if you are using a mac I thought safari was the i.e. to use or alternatively firefox is also written for mac/Linux but is windows compatibale. there is also another internet explorer that is very good because it has built in blockers for trackeing cookies and pop ups (so you don't look at some thing online and then mysteriously start getting banner adds from anaconda for 2 weeks) it is called brave and use it or the old windows i.e.10 and if some sites don't work in windows i.e. for format and support issues I then open it in brave because I trust its security. google chrome and Microsoft edge i.e both have security issues Is my personal opinon in the sense it wants to much acces to your computer. hope this helps maybe

Return to “Estuary Reports”