First 'wild-y' of the season...

Been freshwater fishing lately? Post your trip here.

First 'wild-y' of the season...

Postby Pukka » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 am

Hi all,

Well it's been a slow start at 'my local'. I've had 3 or 4 totally bite-less sessions. It's been tough, especially when other parts of the state are warming up and you start seeing pictures, here and hereabouts, of happy bass-ers holding some lovely post-spawners.

The other day however all that changed. Out for a brief lunchtime jaunt I was happily casting away with my head in the clouds when out of nowhere a bass crash tackled my frog and pulled it along for a few seconds before spitting it out and disappearing. That was the only thing that happened but it was enough to tell me they were back so I wasn't too disheartened.

Yesterday, I was twiddling my thumbs and decided to go for another look. It was 12.30 in the arvy. Heaps of people around, water level still terribly low, but what the hey. With these conditions I knew it would be hard trying to tempt fish out of their hidey-holes but I had the feeling a well placed spinnerbait would coax them into a reaction.

... And after twelvety casts, I finally got my first 'wild-y'. A real gnarly old fish with hardly any dorsal left and some nasty looking lesions.

Happy as, I can relax now and prey for rain!

Cheers, Joe

First Wild Bass for 2017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pukka
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney

Re: First 'wild-y' of the season...

Postby rocky » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 am

Nice
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback & Yellow Pacer
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm (more to come one day)
Member of
rocky
Club Co-ordinator

Local Fishing Region: Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Area, Anywhere.
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's Pacer

Postby dinodadog » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm

At least you got one, I would say that one has been sitting in some very stale water for awhile.

Dino
Fish while you can.
Dinodadog
I am not a bass addict but I am very fond of them
dinodadog
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: brisbane
Kayaks: Fish bandit +hobie outback

Postby Tarpon5000 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:06 am

Bloody awesome Pukka :cool: thanks for putting in the hours already mate so early in the season especially at the toughest place in Sydney :blah:
Yak pb's : Bream 48cm, Wild Bass 438mm F , EP 495mm F , Kingfish 80cm, Flathead 80cm, Jewie 61cm ,Salmon 70cm Bronze Whaler 1.5m, Bonito 46cm, Watson Bonito 47cm, Tailor 57cm ,Pinkie 40cm,Trevor 55cm.

Tarpon5000
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Everywhere
Kayaks: Aspire 100 , PA14 .

Postby Pukka » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Cheers Fellas, has it rained yet? ;)
Pukka
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney

Return to Freshwater Reports