Kolan, Monduran, Turkey Beach, Boyne; PB Barra ** [Video] **

Been freshwater fishing lately? Post your trip here.

Kolan, Monduran, Turkey Beach, Boyne; PB Barra ** [Video] **

Postby Ads22 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:01 am

I'll start by saying I will combine this as Freshwater and Estuary report, as it started as fresh water but I added a salty kicker at the end.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Thursday

I was granted some time away by my wife (and work) to spend some time unwinding and enjoying some kayaking and fishing. It was a pretty snap decision. I was intending on fishing the Boyne-Tannum Hookup, but it falls at a busy time for Beef 2018 here in Rocky and we have other commitments expected on the weekend. The alternative that weekend was to head further south while heaps of people fished the Gladstone area. So, I pushed the timing forward a couple of weeks and quickly settled on a trip to Lake Monduran, near Gin Gin. My plan was to fish the Kolan River below the dam, and perhaps fill in some time on the dam or perhaps even closer to Bundaberg.

I travelled down after school run Thursday and set up camp, then made my way off to the Monduran Rd bridge. I discovered the brick wall I had been told about and find it wasn’t too hard to get over with a bit of end a lift. However, I found a path to drag through the grass for the following day that avoided the need for the shallow water half paddle, half walk progress to this small wall.

20180419_151830_M.jpg

Once into the first pool, and then the second, I eagerly started hitting the snags with a mixture of surface, diving and SP lures. This went on until after dark with not even a hit. The pools were quite deep in the middle with structure everywhere. Later in the evening I saw a slow-moving surface disturbance and paddled over to find maybe a hundred catfish chomping the surface with some outliers cruising around. I also spooked some eels cruising at the surface after dark. I returned mildly deflated but prepared for the next morning.

Friday

With eager anticipation for the following day, I didn’t sleep overly well and was up and on the water before first light. It took a little while before getting my first hit at a mid-pool snag that dropped quickly. That was a spark I needed, but suspect it was a catfish, not the targeted barramundi. I decided to push further up the second pool and cast a Hurricane Lures Slam 59 in crystal shrimp out to troll and moments later was hit by a catfish that came quickly to the net. At least I had a fish for the day.

20180420_071501_M.jpg

20180420_071505_M.jpg

KolanCattyOn_M.jpg

I kept up the mix of casting and trolling without and further luck, then decided I would definitely chance pushing to the top pool below the dam in the GT. Public access is only available after a long trek as the pool is surrounded by private land. I found there were long skinny sections (e.g. 250m or more) that required dragging through shallow water or over trees, then a short section to paddle in waist deep water and back to navigating the fallen trees. It was a laborious hike, but I am stubborn and had all day and no-one else to answer to when I got home, eventually. There were some pretty cool sights like an old deteriorating wooden bridge, and some cool wildlife. Some of the middle pools appeared quite devoid of fish life, so it was refreshing when some of the upper sections had some Gar and Banded Grunter cruising.

20180420_091252_M.jpg

With more tenacity than patience, I made it through the last arduous section and was relieved to reach the top pool I was aiming to fish, even before I had seen the Escape with ET segment. I stopped and grabbed some more food from my day pack and set about hitting the snags and the depths of the pool. There was fish life around, but I couldn’t entice even a hit. As I hit a shallow of about 30cm, I saw a large shadow move to my side and glanced over to see the tip of a large tail out of the water. A solid sized barra was gliding casually just metres from my kayak. Then further past it, a larger one. I became excited and set about trying to follow and sight-cast a variety of lures at them to no avail. Occasionally, I would spook one on that I had seen with the ensuing massive boil rocking my kayak on the glassed-out water.

I gradually became a bit tired, and frustrated with not being able to entice a hit, despite the lovely area and decided to stretch my legs and haver a more relaxing feed. While resting on a grainy sand beach, I pulled out the jerky and thought, why not try and snag one of these Banded Grunter and throw out a live bait? I rigged up a small rusty baitholder hook from my Tackle Pod and cast a small piece out unweighted. In no time, I was onto a catfish. Then another. Then another.
In the distance, I saw a dark cloud coming, and having heard that rain can turn barra on, I decided I get back out and give it another shot. After 10 minutes of hitting the snags, the rain hit, heavy. I hid under a tree and flicked the lure out covering the available water repeatedly for 10 minutes until the rain lightened. I then set out to the other side with a slightly deeper drop off. I opted to change from the locally-favoured Jackall Squirrel Super DD 79SP in Matte Pearl White (only available at the lake kiosk) to a shallow Lucky Craft Pointer 78SP in a natural colour (brownish back, white belly) from the local tackle shop bargain bin.

Within a few casts, I hooked up, rain still trickling down. A hammering hit and run followed by a leap, then a few more runs at the snags, comfortably controlled and more leaps. A fish of about 70-80cm was nearing the kayak seemingly beaten, then rose again near the bow showing a lure across the open mouth, then moments later (just after the video camera died), the lure flung out! I was excited and mortified at the same time. I had worked so hard for this hit and there it went, right at the yak! But, I was also refreshed and, after collecting my thoughts, set about flicking the lure hard onto the bank then a short sharp jerk, or two and rest. A couple of casts and merely five minutes later, into the same snag, I was on again, then promptly dropped the fish. The next snag up I was on again, fighting this fish for another minute or so when it jumped off. Then, I missed a good hit, seeing that awesome silver flash then the hit, and the fish was gone. I checked the hooks, still good, still sharp as hell. Bah!

KolanBarraLeap1_M.jpg

KolanBarraLeap2-0_M.jpg

KolanBarraLeap2-1_M.jpg

Finally, after a little longer, I got onto another fish that survived the leaps and made its way all the way to the net. I was ecstatic and relieved. The tough hike up here was worth it and would make the hike back much more enjoyable! The fish measured 59cm, smaller than two others that had cleared the surface, but I was happy nonetheless. I inserted a tag, took a quick snap then sent her back into the pool.

20180420_142331_M.jpg

The rain had stopped, and I worked my way up the bank, then back down, targeting the overhanging trees where the drops were still falling into the water. A little while later I hooked up and lost another fish, and about 20 minutes later another. While it was frustrating to lose so many fish, it was a very cool experience. The fish switched on for about an hour maybe just over, then as quickly as they came on, they were off. A boat turned up, under permission from the land owner. They quickly queried my access, but were pretty forgiving having understood my trek on public land up the river. They may have hit fish later, on dark, but I had to hightail it back down river.

I couldn’t help but stop and cast at points and I’m sure there are areas that could be very bassy if the bass overflowed and set up home! I ended up retrieving the yak in the dark and made my way back to the holiday park still damp from all the portage, for a feed, watch a little footy on the communal TV and have a chat with some of the other campers that had been fishing the dam. I resolved to paddle the dam the following morning, a little later to get some sleep and pack up camp before setting off for the day. Unfortunately, the fish had been found further up the dam, in some cases 30km-plus from the ramps. One guy had boated a handful Friday, but had covered 85km locating and catching fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ads22 on Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Re: Kolan, Monduran, Turkey Beach, Boyne and a PB Barra kick

Postby Ads22 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 am

Saturday

Despite a more settled sleep, I awoke early to nature’s call before sunrise. I let the sun rise and the air clear a little, while vaguely plotting some ideas for the day. I eventually settled on a short session on the dam, followed by a trip either launching under the highway bridge on the Kolan or perhaps a tributary creek later, or even finding some salt depending how the morning went.

After packing up a dewy, damp tent, I headed to the ramp and made my way to a bay on the northern side of the dam wall. The previous few days were SE winds and the bait was hopefully in these areas. That may have been true, as I could see a bit of bait around. On the way, casting at snags on a point, I picked up an aggressive little Banded Grunter that was hardly larger than the Jackall Squirrel 79SP I was using. After reaching the bay and working trees, depths and lilies/banks for a couple of hours, I decided that was enough for the dam for the day. Doughnut saved by a little grunter - does this really count?

20180421_085855_M.jpg

20180421_085906_M.jpg

On the drive north toward Gladstone, I was intending to fish Sunday with another yak angler (Hard Yakka Fishing Kayaker on YouTube. Do take the time to check his videos out, he’s a top guy and can catch a fish!) around Turkey Beach. No plan had been settled on, and while I was open to ideas, I wasn’t keen on another long paddle in unfamiliar territory. The weather was also looking a bit uncertain for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. As I passed over some nice little tributary creeks to the Kolan/Lake Monduran system, I pondered dropping in a few times. However, I pushed on to Bororen with no set accommodation plans for the evening, as this hinged on my Sunday plan. I sat at the rest area and replenished my energy and resolved to head to a creek on the road into Eurimbula National Park for a look and potentially drop in here.

A brief drive and I was at the potential launch site. It had rained on the way in, and there were more showers coming through with potential storms. However, being my own master for the day, I elected to give it a try. The tide had recently started its outward journey and with mullet everywhere, I thought surely there’d be a hungry fish around as the tide dropped. It took a while, firstly upstream from the bridge, then downstream before I got onto a nice flathead that hammered the Rapala X-Rap 10 in gold colour. Shortly after tagging and releasing this fish, a larger shower came through and I took refuge under a tree on the bank and had some more from my packed lunch.

TurkeyFlatty_M.jpg

I waited out the worst of the rain then was back at it, following the tide downstream. A little later, flicking under a bank of mangroves overhanging a steep drop off, the X-Rap was smashed by another fish that ran and jumped as the line tightened. A brief but tough fight ensued, and I had little flashes of red and thought surely this was a very nice jack, but was perplexed by the couple of splashes and the initial aerial. As the fish jumped again I realised it was a nice little barra that, once netted, ran a neat little 46cm. A nice silver, salty specimen to go with my fresh specimen from the previous day! A tag and release and I was on my way.

TurkeyBarraLeap_M.jpg

Turkey Beach Barra_M.jpg

A little further downstream I repeatedly hit a hutting rocky edge and hooked a heavy fish that gave more of a thud and dead weight with a little kick than a real fight, but moments later lost the fish. I was pretty sure this would be a cod but couldn’t be sure. I worked down further to a shallow rapid picking up a small flatty in the process. It was then time to make my way quickly back upstream to beat the fading light, of course trolling or casting as I went. At the previously-mentioned rocky edge, I hooked up first cast and that familiar dead-weight then brief fight revealed a nice little Blackspot Estuary Cod. Another tag and of it swam. More showers came through followed by a nice pretty double rainbow (more noticeable through my polarised sunnies).

TurkeyRainbow_M.jpg

TurkeyBlackspotCod_M.jpg

As I reached the bridge, I could see the water had dropped and thankfully the tidal change was currently reasonably small. There was a little portage and navigating the rocks but soon I was loaded up after a nice salty afternoon with a couple of nice fish on the mat. I elected to stay in a motel that night as the tent would still be wet and headed to Benaraby and mulled over thoughts for the next day – fish Benaraby, or South Trees, or Calliope, or lower Boyne, or back to Turkey Beach proper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ads22 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Ads22 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 am

Sunday

After some more footy, a shower, some cold soup and a nice port or two I hit a more comfortable bed and slept well. I had decided to give fishing with Dan at Turkey Beach a miss and took the easy route and fish Benaraby. I needed to get back home a bit earlier and it was a shorter drive from the Boyne at Benaraby. Plus, it was familiar, and this time around I didn’t have a long drive to start the day. The ute was pretty much already packed, so it was morning essentials, clothes on and I was at the water five minutes later.

A couple of the Gladstone crew were fishing there, too. My plan was to fish the edges but work well upstream to the weir and the top pool. Big barra lurk here! On the way upstream I cast at snags, into drop offs and the likes but other than a half-hearted hit on surface early, had trouble getting a touch. Heading further upstream I started a troll along a rocky edge and drummed up a feisty little bream that had me in the rocks for a moment. I continued casting at snags then trolling the deep drop offs and the rocky bars heading towards the corner and rapid leading to the top pool and was hit by a nice little Gold Spot Estuary Cod on the Slam 59 in Black Magic. This fish received a tag and I kept on going. Further up this bank I was hit hard. Really hard! I grabbed the rod and felt some good weight and a decent fight. Then suddenly it became easy. As the fish came closer I recognised the blue-streaked, red face of a jack, only it wasn’t fighting any longer. Closer still I could see it had been sharked. This jack went 15cm fork length (where fork is the apex of the bite mark) so I’m guessing was 25-30cm of jack, again on the Slam 59. This was my second sharking on fish picked up trolling up the Boyne in recent times.

20180422_093811_M.jpg

A few minutes later, I noticed a brief commotion near the bank further up then paddled over to find a shark-bitten Long Tom writhing in the water. I repeated the path downstream without a hit, then back upstream again and picked up the obligatory Boyne catfish. It was now time to push into the top pool preceding the rapids to the weir. This pool holds some big fallen trees as great structure for hiding fish. A short time after arriving, a young kid (who had beaten me here with Dad in the tinny, then walking the narrow rapid to the pool) pulled in a very nice barra on a live bait. This fish must have been every bit of 80-90cm and was his first ever barra! Way to go young fella! They fished this area, as well as a couple of teenage kids and myself for a while. I hooked a Tarpon that swiftly spat the lure and I observed lots of small Jacks, Bream, Tarpon, Long Tom, Gar, Catfish, Mullet and the likes all cruising or holding close to the down trees.

I then saw a huge barra holding just below the surface hard up under the bough of a submerged tree with head sticking inwards. I flicked an SP into with reasonably good accuracy, bouncing it off the wood to reduce the splash, but still only managed to spook the fish. Minutes later she was back there again. This may have been the one that had just been caught and may have been sulking, but I still had to try. A couple of casts into here and off she swam again. After a rest, and feed, she was back there again. This time I poked a camera into the area hoping to get some footage (not yet reviewed closely) but could have use something more like a golf-ball retriever to maintain more distance for a clearer shot!

Tiring from a few days on the water, I headed back through the rapids and trolled the rocky bar without a hit then set up to troll to a favourite snaggy bank that yielded my first Boyne Barra, and another more recently. As I trolled the depths and intervening rock bars having just clipped on one of Sel’s (One Cast) Tazer lures, the teenagers in their pair of tinnies had pulled up mid-channel for a fish right at some prime snags, 60 seconds before I was to troll through. I manoeuvred around them and beyond and instead of stopping and casting, continued my troll. Sometimes, we have to take the good with the bad. And, so it was, that, as I passed a jutting rocky corner exiting a deep section I passed a shallow rock bar. By now, my camera had tired, too, and while I charged one camera, the other had a fresh battery and I was preserving its life.

Expecting the imminent slow drag of a snagged lure, I was pleasantly surprised when instead, the rod buckled hard and heavy followed by a huge splash far behind me. The fish had gone straight to the surface and I immediately knew I was onto a good barra. The drag had been set tight in the hope I could set the hooks, but hopefully loose enough not to challenge the strength of my home-made rod holder. With rock underneath me, I fought hard and had to try and use the fish to redirect me away from the rocky corner. Again, the fish surfaced, still some distance from the kayak despite having regathered some line. It was now that I got my first genuine sight of the fish and I was immediately gob-smacked how big it look, even with some distance.

BarraLeap_M.jpg

I had put the lure on my heaviest setup, with 30lb braid (I think) and 40lb leader and, despite a heavy drag setting, the fish repeatedly peeled line. My 5-10kg Raider Barra rod wore some solid strain for about 7 or 8 minutes as I turned the camera off and on a couple of times due to difficulty hearing the case-muffled beeps over my breathing, the rod and the drag. My second line was still out and I managed to get through the fight without too much trouble. Finally, the reality of the size of this fish came upon me as she surfaced near the yak for the first time. If I was gob-smacked the first sighting before, this was something else. Something between astonishment, wetting my pants with glee and terrified I was going to lose her still! With more luck than skill, my first shot with the lip grips hit the spot and I hollered with joy. Surprisingly, the leader didn't have a mark on it! I discovered later the bib had become a bit skew-if on the lure, so I think it's time to retire it! The hooks, however, were rock solid!

BarraBoil_M.jpg

BarraDone_M.jpg

20180422_125300_M.jpg

BoyneBarraGPThumbs_M.jpg

20180422_130808(0)_M.jpg

BoyneBarraSide_M.jpg

BarraTaggedSide_M.jpg

BoyneBarraRelease_M.jpg

A quick video of the fish yak-side for Sel, then, not wanting to remove her from the water yet, I paddled one-handed to the opposite bank to photograph and measure her. In the process of my excitement, I decided I had no way to take this fish home and keep it suitably cold. I was also keen to watch this beautiful giant swim off. They come bigger than this, as we all know, but this was my biggest. She went 109cm on the Pirtek Fishing Challenge mat, which I don’t entirely trust (checking against my tape-measure at home this is equal to 108cm in real measurement!). A PB by 2cm. Rocky had wished me luck in landing a metery at Monduran a few days before in a text, and while I hadn’t achieved it there, I managed one below Awoonga, at least!

I managed to flag down the teens coming past again in their boat to get a picture for me, then released this girl, adorning her new tag. It was such a pleasure watching her cruise off into the depths.
If that wind had changed right then, I’d be left with a huge permanent smile forever, for sure! It was time to head home and I trolled my way down to the launch point with one brief hit and run. It was still early afternoon and I took my time getting home through the heavy road-works.

It was an absolute pleasure to get away. I love holidays and time with the family, but there is something about answering to yourself, having the time and less-specific deadlines to allow a more personally driven exploration and experience. I am definitely grateful for the opportunity to do so, and am sure some further points are required to get another trip, hopefully some time not too far away!
For now, I look forward to reviewing the video footage and seeing if I can make something of it!

Cheers and happy fishing!

Adam
Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Postby WayneD » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Wow! Great write up Ads. Thanks for taking the time. It was a great read over smoko while having a coffee.

I need to scratch my itch soon. Even if it's at the barra park!
Mantra Kayaks Pro-Staffer

Adventure Outlet supporter

Kayaks I have owned: Espri x 2, Nemo x 2, Tempo, Profish, Predator, Outback x 5, Revo x 2, Quest, Swing x 2, Adventure, Loon, Superlite x 6, Superlite X, Sprite, Noa x 2, Coosa, Tarpon 120, Acadia 370, Aspire 100, Mana x 2, Bass, Minnow2, Ultimate 12 Propel, Laker 14 x 2, Sierra 10
WayneD
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Any puddle will do
Kayaks: Lots

Postby Pollycraft » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:56 pm

Epic Barra! Thanks for the report.
Cheers,
Brad
Pollycraft
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Armidale, New England and Coffs
Kayaks: Adventure Island

Postby Nativeman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:52 pm

How good is that Adam. loved the story, top efforts, just writing this report and remembering the detail. That Bridge find was special, I love stuff like that. It would be interesting to find some info on that. Top efforts on the PB Barra, that Tazer Lure was only designed and built to catch Bass and Yellas. Its awesome to see you put it to the test of a pb barra and I am so glad it held together for you. There is no better feeling as a lure maker to see an angler catch a fish but for you to catch a metre plus fish to me is something special, thanks for the ride and excitement and the pictures, The small video that you sent me I can feel the Adrenalin in your voice, you must have been shaking, gee I know I would have been. Congrats Adam.
Sel

BUY AUSTRALIAN MADE LURES

SUPPORT A LOCAL

https://onecastlures.com.au/shop/
Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: the planet

Postby Ads22 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:38 am

WayneD wrote:Wow! Great write up Ads. Thanks for taking the time. It was a great read over smoko while having a coffee.

I need to scratch my itch soon. Even if it's at the barra park!

It can be a big itch! Might have to do lots of scratching! :lol:
I knew it was going to get long with several days of fishing. I should have started with 'grab a coffee'...

Pollycraft wrote:Epic Barra! Thanks for the report.

Indeed it is, I feel very fortunate, very much 'right time, right place, right lure'. Not so much skill.

Nativeman wrote:How good is that Adam. loved the story, top efforts, just writing this report and remembering the detail. That Bridge find was special, I love stuff like that. It would be interesting to find some info on that. Top efforts on the PB Barra, that Tazer Lure was only designed and built to catch Bass and Yellas. Its awesome to see you put it to the test of a pb barra and I am so glad it held together for you. There is no better feeling as a lure maker to see an angler catch a fish but for you to catch a metre plus fish to me is something special, thanks for the ride and excitement and the pictures, The small video that you sent me I can feel the Adrenalin in your voice, you must have been shaking, gee I know I would have been. Congrats Adam.

Perhaps this quick edit might be a little better... I hope. :lol: :grin:

Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Nativeman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Where the like button with wow :lek:
Sel

BUY AUSTRALIAN MADE LURES

SUPPORT A LOCAL

https://onecastlures.com.au/shop/
Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: the planet

Postby HoverDog » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Gotta love a meter barra. Top job mate.
HoverDog
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton
Kayaks: El cheapo kayak2fish

Postby Ads22 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm

Have linked a video in the original post from part 1 of the trip. Grab a coffee, or beer. I hope it gets the juices flowing for people to plan their next trip to explore and find some fish!

HoverDog wrote:Gotta love a meter barra. Top job mate.

Thanks Hover, love any barra, especially over a metre!
Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Re: Kolan, Monduran, Turkey Beach, Boyne; PB Barra ** [Video

Postby arbe » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:56 pm

I don’t often post but this has to be one of the best stories I’ve read for ages....congrats, not only on the fish caught, but also on the narrative.....the best.
I was due to go up Benaraby way tomorrow....also have ‘leave of absence ‘ from my wife but have had to shelve the proposed 2 week trip for family reasons......oh well will be making do with a short 2 dayer on the Clarence chasing cod.
Would love to catch up with you up that way some time......
Richard
arbe
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: NSW

Postby Ads22 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:02 pm

arbe wrote:I don’t often post but this has to be one of the best stories I’ve read for ages....congrats, not only on the fish caught, but also on the narrative.....the best.
I was due to go up Benaraby way tomorrow....also have ‘leave of absence ‘ from my wife but have had to shelve the proposed 2 week trip for family reasons......oh well will be making do with a short 2 dayer on the Clarence chasing cod.
Would love to catch up with you up that way some time......
Richard

Cheers Richard, too kind! Likewise, if I'm down that way I'd be very keen to chase some cod! It will be on the cards at some stage over the next 12 months I suspect. It's more a matter of where I chase them. Happy to tee up a fish with people coming through. I'm not much of a fisher-person. But the more you fish, the more chance you catch! Sorry to hear you need to shelve your trip, hope things pan out ok.
Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Mackayak » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Great looking trip bet that jack got a fright. Great photos hope to get up that way some day soon :wink:
PB's From yak:
Fresh Water: Saratoga 51cm YES; Barra 110cm; Murray Cod 78cm; Golden Perch 45cm; Bass 44cm;EP 38cm
Salt Water: Snapper 62cm; Jew 83cm; Flathead 71cm; Mangrove Jack 37cm; Whiting 35cm; Bream 37cm; Trevally 38cm; Tailor 34cm;
Mackayak
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Far North Coast NSW, Ballina
Kayaks: Revolution 13 Revolution 11

Postby Ads22 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Sure it did Macka!

Have just posted part 2, video should be up shortly.

One more to come, when time permits.
Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Ads22 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:57 pm

Video for part 3, the final leg of this trip, is now added to the original post. I hope some of you enjoy even half as much as I did. :grin:
Yak PBs
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Next

Return to Freshwater Reports