Hot Bass bite, Bundaberg

Been freshwater fishing lately? Post your trip here.
SpiritFisha
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Bundaberg
Kayaks: Spirit CTR

Hot Bass bite, Bundaberg

#1 Post by SpiritFisha » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:36 pm

With the wind forecast not the best to go onto the ocean I decided to try one of my favourite freshwater spots chasing bass this morning. Got on the water at first light, still half asleep after a late night, with high expectations to get some bass on the surface. While conditions were perfect I could not get the bass to take a lure. Although I had a few good strikes, which got the adrenalin going, the fish just didn't want to take the lure. After throwing surface lures and shallow divers for a couple of hours without success I moved into deeper water to try my luck with some deep divers and vibes. I'm not sure whether it was the change, or because the sun started to warm things up, but suddenly I had one of the best bass bites, with a few small catfish thrown in to 'spice' things up, in a few years. Within about 2 hours I must have caught 12+ bass (later lost count) and about 6 catfish. While there were a few nice Bass in the mix most were medium size (300 - 400 mm range). Got my PB <E>:lol:</E> catfish, which was barely bigger than the lure. It was hard to ultimately pull up stumps while the bite was still on but I had an appointment with the Missus, which I dare not miss (32th wedding anniversary <E>:idiot:</E>). As Arnie said, "I'll be back..."

Herewith a couple of the better bass and my new PB catfish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit CRT
If I'm not fishing, I'm thinking about it....

Return to “Freshwater Reports”