Latest vid crew, scored Bream again

Caught something really special or unusual from your kayak then please share it in here

Latest vid crew, scored Bream again

Postby Collie Yak » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:39 am

A fun morning on the Collie river catching the cheeky Bream

https://youtu.be/y2LVRpjYkCw
Collie Yak
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: SW WA

Re: Latest vid crew, scored Bream again

Postby Ozzybass » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Thanks for putting up your videos. As you're a self-proclaimed beginner to lurefishing for bream, may I offer one comment/tip from your vids - you don't seem to strike or actively set the hook. With SP's and especially when rigged weedless, most of the time it is better to strike. You don't have to have to do it so aggressively that the lure flies out of the water, just a firm cock of the wrist or elbow is enough most of the time. You'll find that you hook more fish including outside of their mouths.
Ozzybass
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Sydney
Kayaks: Australis Bass

Postby Collie Yak » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:33 am

Ozzybass wrote:Thanks for putting up your videos. As you're a self-proclaimed beginner to lurefishing for bream, may I offer one comment/tip from your vids - you don't seem to strike or actively set the hook. With SP's and especially when rigged weedless, most of the time it is better to strike. You don't have to have to do it so aggressively that the lure flies out of the water, just a firm cock of the wrist or elbow is enough most of the time. You'll find that you hook more fish including outside of their mouths.

Thanks Ozzybass, I'll be practicing that for sure.
Collie Yak
KFDU Angler

Postby Brendon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:58 am

Well you are certainly doing better on the Collie than me mate ... I was down there for the last Bream comp and came equal first.......with the entire field as all 41 of us donated :beye:
A first for a major Kayak bream competition in Australia I suspect .
Look forward to getting back down there when it's not in flood as its a fun little system.
Thanks for sharing
Brendon
https://www.instagram.com/brendonchambers/

Shark Sheild courtesy of Steve @ http://www.wildwatersports.com.au/ please support businesses that support KFDU !
Brendon
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Perth
Kayaks: Hobie Revo Hobie Quest Finn Gizmo

Postby Collie Yak » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:34 am

Brendon wrote:Well you are certainly doing better on the Collie than me mate ... I was down there for the last Bream comp and came equal first.......with the entire field as all 41 of us donated :beye:
A first for a major Kayak bream competition in Australia I suspect .
Look forward to getting back down there when it's not in flood as its a fun little system.
Thanks for sharing
Brendon

Yes I was at the comp watching, hard day for all that day. I was amazed that nearly everyone had a full go at it knowing how hard it was going to be.
Collie Yak
KFDU Angler

Return to Catch Of The day