I.D this one??????

This section is to help people identify the fish that they have caught.

I.D this one??????

Postby Vanz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:48 am

So i finally worked out how to move a photo from my phone to email with no internet, ( Dont ask long process )

I whent out fishing yesterday morning in Lake Maquarie, Specifically around pelican area flicking for some flatties, i was in about 8 foot of water at the time and got a descent hook up, Unfortunatly it didnt put up much of a fight just more a small fight that took like 2 minutes to land, Anyway here are some pick's if you can help it would be great, my original thought maybe terigil? but the colours are what are throwing me off, it was like a light orange brown colour with blue high lights, but seriously when you held it up it was nearly transparent, The mouth was interesting it was up turned with very sharp small teeth, and the eye's are on top of it's head som im guessing it is just like a flatty being a ambush fish with the shape of it's mouth and eye's on top but i anyone can provide help i would be apppreciative, Very keen to find out, It had no spine's or anything, O and a big one i dont know what this means but when we realeased it, It swam away on top of the surface with it's eye's out of the water for like 10 metres just swam like a water snake then dove to the bottom.

RANDOM :beye:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PB - Flattie 73cm, Bream 33cm, Jewfish 135cm, Squid Nil, Flounder 43cm, Moewong 42cm, Aus Salmon 41cm Tailor 47cm whiting 43cm

Vanz
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Newcastle nsw
Kayaks: glass is class in a 495

Re: I.D this one??????

Postby MattoTarpon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 am

Grinner??
Bass - 52cm
Mary River Cod 69cm my dream catch.
Flathead - 64cm Yellowbelly - 54cm
Bream - 38cm Silver Perch - 44cm
Saratoga - 74cm Flounder - 33cm
Whiting - 27cm

ITS A GODDAMN SHARKNADO!!!!!
MattoTarpon
KFDU 3000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Anywhere There Is Bass
Kayaks: Hobie Quest 13 , WS Aspire 105.

Postby arpie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:44 am

Yep, I've landed a few here in Wallis Lake too! If they grew big enough (never seen one over 20cm) I reckon they'd be good eating??

cheers

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby Vanz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

Awesome, Glad to have worked that out it was starting to drive me a bit crazy, This one was just a smidgen over 24cm, wasent game enough to take it home and try it though, knowing my luck it would have been a protected species or something ha ha :lol:
PB - Flattie 73cm, Bream 33cm, Jewfish 135cm, Squid Nil, Flounder 43cm, Moewong 42cm, Aus Salmon 41cm Tailor 47cm whiting 43cm

Vanz
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Vanz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

Sorry ment to say thanks to use for your help.

so Thanks lol

Cheers luke

Vanz
KFDU 500 Club

Return to Which Fish Is This?