Redland bay, Brissy

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

Redland bay, Brissy

Postby montcap » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Guys, Ready to get into it! Retired Thursday night and will be ready to hit the water in a couple of weeks.

Keen to catch up with anyone for a bit of company on the water.
Started off at 12 in a "canoe?" Started with a homemade "canoe?" made from old corrugated iron. The old nail holes sealed with tar off the road and a couple of inner tubes to stop it sinking as the smallest of swell would fill it! How things have changed.

There have been a few power boats over the years but nothing recently.

I fly fish both fresh and salt water and have chased the sport fish with 1kg through to 24 kg. However, my preferred style is for the table and will be setting up accordingly. As with everything I do, the yak won't escape customising. There is a lot of info about out there and I will be drawing from that applying my personal touch.

You will see me here on the forum as I am a sociable bugger, and as I live in the Redlands, out there on the water, However I will travel quite widely in Queensland and other states.

Tight lines....MC
montcap
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: redland bay brisbane

Re: Redland bay, Brissy

Postby Ads22 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:42 am

Welcome MC, congratulations on the retirement. I'd happily retire today if I could fund it and fish every day! It's quite a way off for me, though. Get out there and get amongst it, it's a great life!
Adam
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 106cm/11.5kg; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Postby montcap » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Thankyou Ads22. Yip...I made it through the "tunnel", long way to the light at the end of it!!
Picked up a Dream Beast a couple of weeks ago, Good distraction to get me through selling my business. Now I am really grinning. I will have the time to enjoy every aspect of it.

Thanks

MC
montcap
KFDU Angler

Postby Dodge » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:54 pm

MC welcome to the forum.

You will enjoy retirement mate, have been doing it for 12 years and with kayak mates is great chance to enjoy life.

Keep an eye on mid week activities the Gold Coast Northern Rivers Club on the forum, bunch of oldies frequent there on club outing second Wednesday each month and you might enjoy.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby simons rat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm

welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures aboard the new toy.

cheers,

S
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A little something else ....

Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BladeKayakTV
Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishfidler/sets/72157625258444623/
simons rat
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: brisbane

Postby montcap » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Thanks Guys, looking forward to it, I am a sociable bugger so will catch up with those I can .

Dodge..will try and catch up with that lot.
Thanks.

Simons rat, Will Post anything interesting will include pickies as my preferred visual format.

PS: thanks for the links. Hope to build my gallery

Cheers

MC
montcap
KFDU Angler

Postby shappy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi Montcap, found your post here. thanks for the email to introduce yourself, being local to each other I'm keen to join you in some outings!

sounds like your about to start living the dream!!! starting retirement, think I might be close to half way for my retirement!!??

cheers, shappy
shappy
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: redlands
Kayaks: dragon Kayak 2.5 double, PA14

Postby montcap » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Thanks Shappy
Looking forward to this "Retirement" thing, still fairly busy after selling the business and tidying up other commitments...but I am getting there.

Setting up the Yak has been a good diversion from the crud that has been surrounding me.

Had a great launch day at Bribie to test everything out, and am now ready to get into the fishing.

I will take some pickies of everything and post here for those interested.

Looking forward to sharing a day on the water

MC
montcap
KFDU Angler

Return to New Members