New Bass Hunter

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

New Bass Hunter

Postby Dan OM » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Guys

I have recently had to time to take my Dragon Profisher out for a couple attempts at some Aussie Bass.
I am new to kayak fishing and also never landed a Bass before either, I live very close to Colloges Crossing in Ipswich.
Would love to get some tips tricks and advice as i seem to have caught the bug and neeeed to land one

Thanks Dan OM
Dan OM
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Ipswich
Kayaks: Dragon Pro Fisher

Re: New Bass Hunter

Postby roastman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Good luck Dan

I have never been bass fishing before, but it looks like a great species to target. I need to have a crack myself! I am sure some helpful people will give you some great tips (I will be reading with interest). I was primarily a saltwater boat fisho and had reasonable success, but have been disappointed so far in the kayak. My technique with plastics clearly sucks!
roastman
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane

Re: New Bass Hunter

Postby Dan OM » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks i will be needing all the luck i can get
I have spent most my time fishing in New Zealand from the beach or the rocks, never in a river so this is a whole new ball game to me
Never really used lures or plastics. On my last trip I managed to foul hook a 50cm Mullet on a soft plastic so I am now on the board was an awesome fight for my first yak and plastic fish. Chasing Bass again this weekend so will let ypu lnow how i go
Dan OM
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Ipswich
Kayaks: Dragon Pro Fisher

Return to New Members