Hello from Burrum Heads, Qld

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

Hello from Burrum Heads, Qld

Postby Brenda5 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Hello all. I bought my first kayak this year. A Dragon Pro Fisher one. I am 55 years old so better late than never. I have caught a few whiting and dart and many toadfish from it. I also sometimes get the energy to go mudcrabbing. This is my favourite spot, Teds creek. It takes 2 hours solid paddling with the tide to get there.
Brenda5
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Burrum Heads, Qld
Kayaks: Dragon Pro Fisher kayak

Re: Hello from Burrum Heads, Qld

Postby arpie » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome to KFDU, Brenda!! We have a HEAP of members up Qld way ..... anywhere you travel - with a bit of luck, you'll be able to meet up with them & hit their local waters with them!!

That's a magic looking bit of water in your pic!

Let us know if there are any queries you have re kayak fishing & stuff ..... or navigating the forum ....

Great to have another girl on the forum!! :wink:

cheerio for now

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby Ads22 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:26 am

Welcome to the forum. So much information on here, and good people to go with it. Some of my most enjoyable sessions have been with members met while travelling (or while they've been travelling).

I'm a few hours north of you, but occasionally venture a little closer to places like 1770 and Baffle Creek. Hoping to get to Mon Repos for turtles later in the year, and fish nearby, so may get lucky and sneak a tad further south, dependent on family/time/work.

Feel free to have input with trip reports and so forth, so that we, too, can enjoy your area.
Yak PBs
Estuary Cod 50cm; Mangrove Jack 49cm; Barra 108cm; Flathead - dusky 62cm; Flathead - bartail 51cm; Flounder 28cm; Forktail Catfish 60cm; Bream 32cm, Sand whiting 30cm; Striped Butterfish/Scat 20cm; Barred Javelin 47cm; Bull Shark 80cm; Queenfish 45cm; Tarpon 60cm; Golden Perch 47cm; Estuary Perch 33cm; Saratoga 72cm; Leathery Grunter 43cm.
Ads22
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Rockhampton/Capricornia
Kayaks: Extreme Kayaks Fish Bandit; Viking Profish Reload

Postby Brenda5 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I am having an absolute ball reading all the posts and learning more each time. I have written a note to myself to do a Dragon Pro fisher yak review and a Burrum Heads fishing report although I have only been yakking a few months so it will be pretty basic.
Brenda5
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Burrum Heads, Qld
Kayaks: Dragon Pro Fisher kayak

Postby pdfarrell » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

Welcome to the forum Brenda!

The forum is only as good as you want it to be....

You can read and learn a lot....
Or you can join a club, meet people, meet people from other clubs, make great new friends for life and learn soooo much more....

I did the former for a while, then I got involved with a club and haven't looked back!

Once again, welcome, and hope to see some great reports, and even catch up for a fish if our paths cross.

Cheers,
PF
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught..."

Member of
pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

Return to New Members