Howdy..

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

Howdy..

Postby Thomas4040 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Howdy all...

Have made a couple of posts here and there just asking for advice and such while i was deciding where my entry point into kayak fishing was going to be and appreciated all the input and idea's from you guys.
So today I paid a visit to Hunter Water Sports in Belmont and took a couple of kayak's for a spin and came away the owner of a new Hobie PA14. I don't pick it up until Saturday and to say I'm a bit keen to have a Pedal about is an understatement.

My total time on a Kayak at this stage is probably a whopping 15 minutes. Am looking for some kindhearted souls with paternal/maternal instincts who don't mind babysitting (at 44yrs old should i really use that term) a newbie and showing him how not to get himself in trouble.
Main places I'm looking at going to is quieter area's of Lake Macquarie and the Hunter River at this stage until I build up some confidence and get some hours in the kayak behind me.

Look forward to joining in on the next social outing for the Midcoast group and seeing what this is all about.

Cheers...
Thomas
Thomas4040
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Newcastle
Kayaks: Hobie PA 14

Re: Howdy..

Postby Brenda5 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:30 am

Welcome to the forum. I was a newbie at the start of the year. Still a newbie as I don't take my yak out a lot. I got a Dragon Pro Fisher mainly for the light weight of 23kg or so. Lakes would be easy to paddle. It's tidal rivers and ocean currents which can make paddling more interesting. Just remember if you are paddling a long way, you also need the energy and water reserves to paddle all the way back again. Get a dry bag to put your phone in too.
Brenda5
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Burrum Heads, Qld
Kayaks: Dragon Pro Fisher kayak

Postby arpie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 am

Let me know if/when you make it to Forster ..... I am usually 'up' for a fishing outing! ...... I don't get out enough! :wink:

Enjoy your new yak!! That PA 14 will be a beast!!

cheers

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby pdfarrell » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 am

Welcome to the forum and the Midcoast Club!

Keep an eye out for my posts in the Coordinated Fishing Trip section, as I'm always fishing Lake Mac and always looking for company.

Have you geared yourself up for winter fishing? (Clothing wise). It can be bloody cold on Lake early in the morning.

Cheers,
PF
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught..."

Member of
pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

Return to New Members