new to kfdu sunshine coast

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

new to kfdu sunshine coast

Postby josh_shimano_bass » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 pm

long time yak fisherman and short time kfdu member, looking to get out and chase some wild fish with the closed season coming to an end, have fun in the stocked impoundments but heard the real ones pull harder... wat size line and leader do we recommend for wild bassin in skinny water on foot or in yak if I can fit it in?
what areas should I start targeting, new to wild bass fishing. (want to break my virginity sooner rather than later when this closed season finally comes to an end)
got a quite capable little 4wd that would be perfect for getting to some spots hopefully :gu:
josh_shimano_bass
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: sunshine coast
Kayaks: seak lunar 12 with hook 4x chirp hdi

Re: new to kfdu sunshine coast

Postby Leper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi Josh! All the rivers and creeks up your way have bass in n them and have heaps of public access power it's for you to launch from and explore. I use 8lb braid and 10lb leader during day trips and switch to 15lb with 16lb leader at night. The upgrade after dark is because I cast into country thick with timber that hides some serious bass and I often have no idea where there are going after hook up. Good luck chasing some wild bass and i look forward to your reports.

Cheers

Brad
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Postby josh_shimano_bass » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:04 pm

do your reckon they will be on the bite as soon as open season is upon us, and for this time of year upper reaches or closer to the brackish?
josh_shimano_bass
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: sunshine coast
Kayaks: seak lunar 12 with hook 4x chirp hdi

Postby Leper » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Most will be in the brackish waiting for the next flow to move them upstream. However there will be plenty of what we call resident fish that don't follow the migration downstream and instead stay up in the fresh. I always head out on opening day/ night and find a few, the numbers may not be there like in the peak of summer but they will still be around especially up here in Queensland. They are a bit slower to wake up the further south you go and our winter has been much warmer that usual.
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Return to New Members