New to forum but long time canoe fisher.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

New to forum but long time canoe fisher.

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi everyone, Extra hi and regards to the administrators, good job peeps. I am old canoeist that has fishing in the blood presently in Clarence valley. Mostly use my Australis bushranger canoe but sometimes use a Jackson rogue also for Bass fishing. At present tricking up my canoe for more action on old briney and looking for info here on details about products such as electric motors, depth finders. Will answer queries about upper Clarence to good people who respect the river. Geoff .
Geoff
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: northern rivers

Re: New to forum but long time canoe fisher.

Postby pazz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Geoff,
Welcome to kfdu. Lots of great info in here & once you get the hang of search function it is all there to find.
I do a bit of fishing in the upper clarence & would be keen to pick your brain on access spots. She is a fantastic river.
Cheers
Steve
pazz
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Coffs Harbour / Nth Coast NSW
Kayaks: Wilderness Aspire 105, 2015 Revo 13

Postby Geoff » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 am

Yes to all that Steve. I have filled in a lot of blanks from this forum and is why I bothered to post in it and feel a bit obligated to give back. Leave some time for replies as I'm not always internet connected for few days.
Geoff
KFDU Angler

Postby arpie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 am

Welcome Geoff!!

oooh, northern rivers, Clarence River ..... some TOP fishing waters up there! :wink: Look forward to hitting the water with you one day on my travels! :gu:

Looking forward to your reports!!

cheers

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby Geoff » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:35 am

Yes Roberta the Clarence is hanging in there so far, not to overdeveloped in the tidal and especially important the freshwater reaches but times are a changin along the river banks in the upper reaches. Some other Northern rivers are to dirty to support the fish they once did, species and numbers, and carp are starting to take a serious hold in the freshwater in the northern rivers. I am thinking of switching from Bass to targeting Carp this year as I have seen some huge carp in some of my favourite holes where Eastern freshwater Cod are still surviving. Unfortunately I don't get to fish whenever I want as I have to contend with that four letter word so may not be able to join up but still happy to help you find your way to a good spot if you message me.
Geoff
KFDU Angler

Postby Leper » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Welcome Geoff it's a very "bassy" part of the country you live in! I fished it in a canoe many years ago upstream of Copmanhurst when I first started my obsession with bass. I will definately have to head back that way sometime, I just keep driving back and heading to the Macleay instead. Enjoy the forum mate!
Brad

ImageImage

For other bass fishing adventures check out my blog at http://www.yakbassaustralia.com
Leper
KFDU Site Manager

Local Fishing Region: SE Queensland
Kayaks: Old Town Vapor 10 Angler, Mantra Noa, Viking Tempo and Eco Daintree

Postby koji » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Geoff! Post up any questions you may have; there's plenty of willing people to answer your questions. I echo all of the above too, the Clarence is a beautiful river and a dream to fish! Can't wait to head back there :)
koji
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast
Kayaks: 2017 Hobie PA 14

Return to New Members