New Old Member from Newcastle.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".

New Old Member from Newcastle.

Postby Richo72 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:26 am

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I have been here, long enough that I cant remember my old password & got locked out of my account, so I thought i`d sign up again & say hello.
It`s been a long while since my Prowler has seen water, but I`m planning on changing that in the coming few months. Been doing a lot of land based fishing of late, but quickly getting sick of that when I can see spots I can access in my yak.
So, Hello to all of my old friends & hello to the new ones I hope to make & see on the water.

Cheers Richo
Member of
Richo72
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Newcastle, Lake Mac, Port Stephens & Hunter
Kayaks: Between Yaks currently

Re: New Old Member from Newcastle.

Postby rocky » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 am

Welcome back Richo, glad to hear you are getting back on the water in the yak. There has been a bit of changing of the gaurd since you have been out. 1wood has been out for a while and I have retired and travelling around the country in Yeppoon at the moment. Midcoast club is in good hands though with pdfarrell, oldtimer and newknees2 at the helm, get in touch with them as they will welcome back a old hand.
Might catch up in December when back in the area, Tight lines.

Cheers
Rocky
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm (more to come one day)
Member of
rocky
Club Co-ordinator

Local Fishing Region: Australia, I could be anywhere or everywhere
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's SUP

Postby Dodge » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Good to see you looking in again Richo.

Just had a look in the members list and your original name is still listed, so perhaps mods can connect old with new to give you continuity.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby Richo72 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:47 am

Thanks for the welcome back Rocky & Richo, will be great to get a paddle in my hands again.
Probably peddles in the next year or so. I`d really love to get out for a few sessions with the Midcoast club again, I will get in contact with the guys, but I will only be participating as a regular member.
You boys have done some great work over the years with the club & I applaud you all for the great work you`ve done. It`d be great to catch up with some old friends & meet some new ones.
Shame the Wivenhoe convention is no more Richo, They were some great weekends up there (Even tho I donuted) :lol: A great gathering of good people.

Cheers Boys & Thanks again
Richo
Member of
Richo72
KFDU Angler

Postby pdfarrell » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 am

G'day Richo,

Welcome back. Looking forward to catching up for a fish.
I'm a newby to the Midcoast Group (only two and half years) so you wouldn't have met me.

I have taken the liberty of adding your new account back into the Midcoast Group so you should be able to vote in our social outings.

Have a local outing in September, viewtopic.php?f=65&t=50711
then Lake St Clair in October. viewtopic.php?f=65&t=50675

Would be great if you could make them.

I'm also heading out for a sneaky session first light on Sunday morning (03/09/2017) at Bolton Point, fishing Kooroora Bay.
Feel free to come along. :glad:

Cheers,
PF
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught..."

Member of
pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

Postby Richo72 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:45 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome & add back to the Midcoast group. I look forward to meeting you & the all the members at the future gatherings. I am somewhat between kayaks at the moment, my prowler went to a new home last week :cry: But will be getting a new "cheapy" for the summer months ahead. We`ll probably gain another member, as I gave the gentleman the KFDU & Midcoast club pages, for ideas, info & great friends.
I have a feeling we may have met before, being a "Mussy" grown lad myself. My old man & I had a kitchen joinery factory down in Scott St. years ago. Taylor`s.
Unfortunately, I only get back to the Brook these days to visit the old boys grave or for family events etc. But a trip to Glenbawn or St. Claire would be a nice change.
Have`nt caught a big impoundment bass for years, just been working the local streams down here around Newy.
I`ll have to figure out how to get the Midcoast logo back on my sig. I`m so outta touch with the forum now. :lol:

Cheers Richo
Member of
Richo72
KFDU Angler

Postby pdfarrell » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 am

Richo72 wrote:Hi Paul,
I am somewhat between kayaks at the moment, my prowler went to a new home last week :cry: But will be getting a new "cheapy" for the summer months ahead.

Let me know if you need a yak for St Clair (or any other meet), I have an Outback I can take that you're more than welcome to use.

Re logo...
If you go to your profile page, then go to Edit signature,then in the box.
Type : Member of
Then on the next line type: [img]http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=54962[/img. (Please put this ] in place of full stop at the end ) If I was to put it in . The actual logo would appear instead of the text.
This will give you the slightly larger Blue one.
Or if you just change the number.
You will get : Green = 8302
Red = 8054

Cheers,
PF
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught..."

Member of
pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

Postby Richo72 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:16 am

Cheers Mate,
Wont make the St. Claire trip. Got a 5 day Cod trip @ the start of Oct. SWMBO won`t allow it. ( I sense this without even asking)
Really appreciate the offer for the yak, may take you up on another trip soon :wink:
Thanks for the link too

P.S. would normally say yes to joining you @ first light tomorrow, but got a 40th tonight & may be a tad dusty in the morn.
Member of
Richo72
KFDU Angler

Postby arpie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am

Hey Richo

Welcome back!! Shame you got rid of the Prowler before getting the replacement!! NO yak, is NO GOOD!! :cry:

I've got a shocking memory - what was your 'old' sign in name?? We can relive the 'old days'! :wink:

Le me know if you are ever up Forster way ...... always happy to tag along with another fisho! :gu:

cheerio

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby Richo72 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:50 am

Hi "Berta"!!! Been a long time.
Will definitely be getting up around Forster again, But I will be the one tagging along with you. You`re a big Celeb now in the game, seen you popping up in articles & Insta feeds etc.
You are a legend & a wonderful person. :glad:
Would be great to catch up sometime in the near future.

Ohh, my old user was just "Richo" memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=278 :wink:

Cheers
Member of
Richo72
KFDU Angler

Postby arpie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:58 am

hahaha Thank you for the kind words ... Flattery will get you everywhere! :lol: :lol:

Just like you, I love my fishing & doing with others just makes it even more fun! :gu:

I'm also lucky - being retired, I can pretty well get out whenever I can, not just weekends!

I think they are/were trying to revive the Wivenhoe Convention - but people have 'moved on' a bit, I think - got young families now (not young & fancy free ....)

I am looking forward to going north & catching up with Michelle now she is living in Qld (Bribie Island on Morton Bay.) She is keen to get into some bass & barra - so I am MORE than keen to join her!! :lek:

See you on the water, mate!!

cheerio

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Return to New Members