New Member from Hunter Valley

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and say "G'day".
Pinkston
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Hunter Valley. Lake Macquarie
Kayaks: Nextgen10

New Member from Hunter Valley

#1 Post by Pinkston » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

G'day,

I am a new member (recently) located around the Singleton area in the Hunter Valley. I have fished all of my life (land based and in a boat) but am new to kayak fishing and looking to learn as much as I can from you all.

I'm very keen to get among the Bass and Flathead.

Currently, I just have a 'cheapie' yak with the plan to donate that to the Mrs and upgrade to a Hobie depending on how the body pulls up...

Sorry in advance for the upcoming stupid questions.

pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

Re: New Member from Hunter Valley

#2 Post by pdfarrell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:16 pm

G'day, and welcome to the forum.

Quite a few of us up this end of the Expressway (I'm in Muswellbrook), and plenty down the other end if you're keen to get into the salt.
Let me know if you'd like to join the Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club, we have a social outing once a month.
We're a friendly bunch and always welcoming of new members, and membership and outings don't cost a cent.
http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=65

I've been fishing St Clair a lot lately, and plan to head back on Saturday morning.
Always on the lookout for company, so let me know if your keen.

By the way, no question is stupid, and most of us are only too happy to answer them.
If we don't know the answer, we will just make it up. :wink:

Cheers,
PF
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught..."

Member of

katostrom
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Hunter Valley
Kayaks: Mirage 530, 14' glass canadian, ebay 2.8m SOT

#3 Post by katostrom » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi pinkston
Another Hunter local here, live at Seaham and regularly fishing the various rivers around here for bass, no expert but have been kayak fishing for couple of years. Skinny waters and larger water bodies all have nice bass populations and generally fishing well at the moment. If your keen on the skinny water stuff don't be to keen to donate your cheapy, have same and perfect where entries can be a bit tight or some dragging over rocks and rapids required, especially if your eventual upgrade hobie is larger and more $. Happy to help if I can or if your looking for more specific info or location ideas pm me and can further talk.
Regards

Pinkston
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Hunter Valley. Lake Macquarie
Kayaks: Nextgen10

#4 Post by Pinkston » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Thanks PF, the Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club sounds like fun and something I would be interested in joining when I get some experience. I would also be keen tagging along to Lake St Claire on one of your trips.

Thanks Kato, I appreciate the advice on keeping the cheap yak for the skinny water stuff - makes sense. I will certainly PM you regarding advice in the future.

Thanks again guys.

Return to “New Members”