Found some bream

Discuss all fly fishing topics here.

Re: Found some bream

Postby wongus » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 am

Impressive results on the fly. Nice one!
Cheers
Danny

Yak PB's: Bream 41cm, Tailor 35cm (approx), Saratoga 45 (approx.), Flathead 72cm, Bass 56cm, Yellowbelly 54cm, Estuary Cod 55cm, Snapper 70cm, Mack Tuna 73cm, Longtail Tuna 95cm, Shark (Black Tip Reef) 92cm.
wongus
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Qld
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 13 & Perception Swing

Postby Freewily » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Understand Roberta. But I don't think council has any idea on what to do. Well around our lake anyway. Jetties are designed wrong for boaters. No tie up points around boat ramps etc. I dont think they consult with the experienced fishers. I think they just give orders to the cheapest inexperienced contractors.
Also shore access points for small craft are a joke. They just let the shore lines get built up & fenced for their own greed. :grr:

Anyway. As for the pro fishermen. I understand they need to make a living. But I so wish they would put up an online roster of the areas they wish to fish so that we can avoid it & not waste our time in fishless waters! :cry:

But I think that is the much too hard basket for those that think they are above everyone. :beye:
YAK P.B. Salmon 60cm, Flathead 60cm, Trevally 42cm, Carp 38cm, Bream 40cm, Luderick 42cm, Tarwhine 30cm,
Blue Morwong 48cm, Mullet 38cm, Bass 39cm, Garfish 34cm, Leatherjacket 27cm, Flounder 28cm, Snapper 50cm, Bonito 60cm, Whiting 38cm, Tailor 52cm, LongTom 66cm.

If this was my job I'd Love It!!
Freewily
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra
Kayaks: Australis Bass, Dagger Drifter, Hobie Revolution

Postby RWD » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 am

Nice catch Roberta.

Have to do some more salt water fly fishing than last year. Once with you, a couple of sessions at Swansea on salmon and that was it.

Lorraine and I will catch up soon

Rod
RWD
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: GlenbawnDam, Hunter River, Glennies Creek Dam
Kayaks: Howie Outfitter

Previous

Return to Fly Fishing