Tie yourself to your yak so you are not separated from it!

Discussion of safety equipment and use.

Re: Tie yourself to your yak so you are not separated from i

Postby nobrandbali » Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm

fishing it has to be fun, if the weather turn shit stay at home(common sense, dont act like superhuman for the sake of facebook like) and also life and death is determine by how fast you swim to get to your kayak before its gone(practice make perfect, sure is) and if you do lost your kayak in the ocean, consider you having bad luck(take the consequence for acting superhuman) :lol:
nobrandbali
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Wamberal, central coast, NSW
Kayaks: Evo 495

Re: Tie yourself to your yak so you are not separated from i

Postby OzCrow » Sun May 28, 2017 6:45 pm

This thread has helped me answer what I asked myself while setting up my Revo13 for off-shore use. I will use one always I think.
One of the common things i've seen is a quick release system that mostly is attached to a PFD and then anchored to the kayak? correct me if wrong..

I might try a divers weight belt- which have a large quick release buckle that is a very easy to use even in gloves. No weights needed I reckon.
I am not sure I would want to be tethered by my PFD rather by a secure waist belt that might keep the cord behind me or beside me around the mid section of my body to keep my arms and legs free hopefully.
maybe not shock cord. I can't see the advantages over the risks.
OzCrow
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: ACT/South Coast NSW
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 13

Previous

Return to Safety