Where to store your catch

Are you new to kayak fishing? Feel free to ask any questions here.

Re: Where to store your catch

Postby peatop » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 am

I have a fish well in the front of my new yak, however with my old yak i kept a heavy duty plastic bag under my centre hatch this worked really well at keeping my catch cool in sept-oct.
Now the only access to the hull is via the rear hatch, too far away to use comfortably on the water, the front hatch gets far to hot, so I've bought an aldi cool bag and now use the hd plastic bag inside it with an icebrick it fits nicely in the front hatch, however i would rather it be closer and in the hull, as it was in my old yak, the cool bag was a good investment, I've put a 55cm snapper, 10 larger squid, flatties and whiting in it and they all stayed cold till i got home.
As far as the access to the hull goes, my yak has a storage compartment between the rudder pedals that im thinking about cutting around the flange and adding a slightly larger flange so it rests on the original flange, this will give me the required access to the hull to store fish and i get to keep the storage area for sundries.
PB's kgw 42cm, snapper 55cm
peatop
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Bellarine peninsula
Kayaks: Lovig maverick, Dragon pro

Re: Where to store your catch

Postby Steve R » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 am

roastman wrote:Somehow managed to not subscribe to my own post

If you do wish to subscribe to all your own posts, set 'Notify me upon replies by default:' to 'Yes' in the following link:
http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=post

However, there's no need to subscribe to your own posts to recognise them.
When you first open the forum, choose 'View unread posts' from the menu below 'Board index'. Any question you asked or answered will have an asterisk in the icon in the left-hand column. Alternatively, choose 'View your posts'.
Cheers,
Steve
(Salmonaholic)
Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing its not fish they are after - Henry Thoreau
Steve R
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Eden and thereabouts
Kayaks: Hurricane Skimmer; Racing TK1 (Mr Tippy).

Previous

Return to General Kayak and Fishing Questions