Bonafide Kayaks

Are you new to kayak fishing? Feel free to ask any questions here.

Bonafide Kayaks

Postby Machuwa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 am

Hi all,
I just had a query regarding the new Bonafide kayak the ss127. I have been researching this kayak a great deal recently and it seems like an amazing kayak :lek: and was very interested in purchasing one when it come out at the end of the year! The only problem is that i cant seem to find any australian distributor for these kayaks.
I was wondering if there is anyone here on these forums who might have some inside knowledge about any businesses that may be looking to stock this kayak when it is released at the end of the year?
Many Thanks
Kris
Machuwa
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Hawkesbury
Kayaks: Dace Pro Angler 12

Re: Bonafide Kayaks

Postby Dodge » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:06 am

Kris just looked at a video of this kayak, and it looked really good in perfect boating conditions, glassy and seat raised up 10" ...... but that is not the sort of weather condition we mostly experience, you want a boat that can be good in very average stuff as well as perfect.

Think I would prefer buying any of the existing kayak brands sold in Aust at present, where they are well proven, and spares and warranty [if needed] are easily available.

The bonafide brand yak is really not offering anything not already found on the market among other brands, and with any future resale established brands are the easiest to sell later.

However whatever you choose, it will all be enjoyable in the long term.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby Nativeman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Kris

Try Capacity Sports in Melbourne, they are national distirbutors for lots of well known brands and they import kayaks from the US Market alot. Very friendly people too. They might be able to bring one in for you, when they have another load of kayaks coming in.

They do ship all over Australia and their rates to do so are very well priced.

I have been looking at their Pelican Catch 120 NXT for sometime, a mate of mine bought one so I am waiting for his feedback on it.
Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Qld, south east
Kayaks: Hobie Mirage Compass, Hobie Quest 11, Viking Gt Profish. Stacer Tinny

Postby laneends » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Looks like a flat water boat to me
laneends
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Victoria
Kayaks: Hobies Ivory Revo 16, Ivory quest 11, Red quest 13

Postby Machuwa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, i will keep an eye on Capacity Sports.

Im in no rush to get a new yak straight away. I am looking to upgrade from my chinese yak (the seat kills my back after a couple of hours) and the options and features of this do seem to be very well thought out.

I did have concerns around the yak being a flat water boat only also but i have seen a review on choppy water and they have said it held up well. But once it is out and more complete reviews are available should be able to get a better idea.
Machuwa
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Hawkesbury
Kayaks: Dace Pro Angler 12

Return to General Kayak and Fishing Questions