Dream Kayaks - Siren

Are you new to kayak fishing? Feel free to ask any questions here.

Dream Kayaks - Siren

Postby Gnome » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone used or own a Dream Kayaks 'Siren'?
They are a Aussie owned pedal kayak setup that seem to be using the same pedal system as Native Watercraft and I think some other design ideas from the same brand if not others (but I can't put my finger on it...)
Link here to save you trying to find it: http://www.dreamkayaks.com.au/siren-ped ... old-coast/

The reason I am asking is that they seem really cheap for a pedal kayak and I am wondering if they are worth the coin

Cheers!
Gnome
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney

Re: Dream Kayaks - Siren

Postby Dodge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Gnome wrote:
Has anyone used or own a Dream Kayaks 'Siren'?
They are a Aussie owned pedal kayak setup that seem to be using the same pedal system as Native Watercraft and I think some other design ideas from the same brand if not others (but I can't put my finger on it...)

Gnome that Siren looks like replacement for the Pedalfish pulled off the market some time ago [due to infringements on the NW design], if so, reckon it is good buying.

At the time there was much criticism of the PF due cheapness and other issues in some early production models, however having fished alongside one for many hours would happily buy one or it's clone.

Pictured is the Pedalfish of kareless1, he easily cruises on the pedal alongside electric outboard powered tinnies and yaks over a distance with ease.

In the pics we are cruising about 4kms/h, and he pedalled non stop for about 20 minutes
P1020333.JPG
P1020332.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Postby Kareless1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I just had a look at the DK Siren and everything sure looks like my Pedalfish even the crosshatch pattern on the floor. Les :lol:
Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!
Kareless1
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: South Queensland Northern NSW
Kayaks: Pedalcraft 10 ft

Postby Gnome » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:16 pm

That's the one guys!
Thanks for answering the question, still seems to be $400 cheaper for their setup but presence appears to be in QLD and not NSW.

Going to mark this as a possible upgrade.
Gnome
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sydney

Return to General Kayak and Fishing Questions