How do you store your kayak?

Are you new to kayak fishing? Feel free to ask any questions here.
canaryfisher
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Brisbane
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 13

How do you store your kayak?

#1 Post by canaryfisher » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm

So I just got a stealth profisha 525 and trying to figure out where to put it. We have half acerage but not many places to put it or how do we put it on what..

My dad suggested I put it under his 5.4m boat on rollers which is a good idea apart from the fact that they may scratch the kayak big time and dent it plus the other factor
is the rudder wouldn't do so well.. There isn't many good places to do any kind of wall mount and can't put in the garage cause cars are in it and no space for a 5.25m kayak.

So I'd love to know where you put your kayaks.. My Hobie revo 13 we made a rack for but the Hobie is on that and its not enough room in that spot to good a 5.25m long kayak :(

Any Ideas?

Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: How do you store your kayak?

#2 Post by Dodge » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:44 pm

canaryfisher wrote: can't put in the garage cause cars are in it and no space for a 5.25m kayak.
CF the garage walls may be occupied, but can you sling the Profisher from the garage roof above the cars?
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue

canaryfisher
KFDU Angler

#3 Post by canaryfisher » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Could do but I park my car outside.. My mums car is in the garage which I thought about the sling thing but then I though how do I get it down without hitting her car at 3am in the morning if I plan to go out.. would be good if the sling went forwards then down lol

XDCammer
KFDU 1000 Club
Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: Adventure Island and Stealth Profisha 525

#4 Post by XDCammer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:20 pm

CF congrats on purchasing your Stealth 525. I love mine, so good to paddle.
If you have any eves in a spot on your house where you can hang your 525 in a sling, it would be easy to do.
I work at Wetspot Water Sports in Canberra and we are the BIGGEST water sports shop in the country , and with all the best advice on the producs we sell. Ocean to Earth sling,,,,,,,,, it will support 40Kgs and will support your 525 fine.
O&E.jpg
You could get one of these (I'm sure they sell them up in Brisbane surf shops, or go to Bunnings and make your own). It only has to support 25Kgs and to screw it into the over hanging trusses would not be a problem.

Just another solution.

How about a few pix of your new pride and joy on the forum?

Cheers, BobbyB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Time spent on reconnaissance is time never wasted.

canaryfisher
KFDU Angler

#5 Post by canaryfisher » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks, My dad made something which looks good. I'll take a picture later today.

Return to “General Kayak and Fishing Questions”