recommend a good value canoe paddle for around $50 to $75

Are you new to kayak fishing? Feel free to ask any questions here.

recommend a good value canoe paddle for around $50 to $75

Postby oodowlo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:58 am

Hey internet,
Can someone recommend a good value canoe paddle for around $50 to $75 ...... timber ones look pretty cool?
I have a Pelican Canadian canoe that I use sometimes with the kids for fishing / cruising. I do have aluminium shaft/plastic blade paddles and also an electric motor for it but sometimes quite like the simplicity of paddling.

Cheers,
Mark
oodowlo
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Illawarra

Re: recommend a good value canoe paddle for around $50 to $7

Postby rocketV » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

I can not speak with any experience particular to canoes, but I can offer advice based on my experience with kayak paddles.

a) Light - I have found that having a light shaft makes for much easier paddling, so keep weight to a minimum

b) Strong - If you are going to be using your paddle for fending off rocks or poling your way thru shallows when you run aground, you want to make sure you have something strong and resilient.

Too much of "a)" may mean that you don't have enough of "b)", so it will likely be a trade-off between the two that is ideal.

I have used the Seak kayak paddle range from Anaconda in the past, but not sure if they have much in the way of Canoe paddles.

Good luck
Fresh is best, but I don't mind some salt every now and then!

For the fresh: Mailbu Sierra 10 & Koastal Pacer
For the Salt: Hobie Revo - 11
rocketV
2012 SFC Champion

Local Fishing Region: Brisbane
Kayaks: Hobie Revo 11, Malibu Sierra 10, Pacer

Return to General Kayak and Fishing Questions