REVO13/PLASTICINE!?: GEAR TRACS and DSI THRU HULL SOUNDER…

Show us your Sounders and/or GPS Units in this section.

Re: REVO13/PLASTICINE!?: GEAR TRACS and DSI THRU HULL SOUNDE

Postby fifis101 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 am

An update on my plasticine mount: On the weekend I pulled it out. The plasticine came out as a solid block with the transducer stuck inside. I re-melted the plasticine again and this time I added a few tablespoons of baby oil. The idea was to thin down the plasticine so that it isn't as hard in the cold weather and hopefully sticks to the hull better. Before pouring I scooped a portion of the thinned down plasticine and let it cool. It seemed to now have a consistency close to "no more gaps". Firm enough to hold its shape but very pliable and sticky as all hell like no more gaps too. I made the pour as before and will report back when I get to test it out. Hopefully it's not too long.
fifis101
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Tasmania
Kayaks: Hobie Revolution 11, Dream Kayaks Dream Catcher 2

Re: REVO13/PLASTICINE!?: GEAR TRACS and DSI THRU HULL SOUNDE

Postby Not a cracker » Wed May 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Nice set up mate, looks clean and professional.
I have a revo 13 and am about to do similar rail mounts. I am curious as to how your rod holders feel, to be more precise when I’m sitting in mind be I few like if I were to add the rails where you have that they would be too far forward to reach easily. How have you found it? I can’t see how I could mount them any further back anyway but I’m interested to hear your opinion?
Not a cracker
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Brunswick heads

Previous

Return to Sounders And GPS Units