suction cup transducer

Show us your Sounders and/or GPS Units in this section.

suction cup transducer

Postby phills stealth » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm

ok a mate of mine has a tinnie and he has a suction cup on his transducer and his sounder in a bag mounted with a battery and all would have been perfect i think for me but i already bought my sounder but do you think i could get the bag set up for my sounder? if so were would i look? i tried ebay but coul only find with the sounder

and next has anyone used 1 of the suction cup trasducers on there yac? any good?
pbs to talk about to date
54cm bass
51cm golden perch
93cm flat head
phills stealth
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: lockyer valley
Kayaks: stealth 12 and the misses has a mini x

Re: suction cup transducer

Postby XDCammer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Hey Phillis, suction is great on a tinnie, I went up to 30 kph so they really suc. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a kayak I would look to put it on a NON textured position (smooth side) so it sucks onto the hull (you must have a STRAIGHT suction site thought). They are on the BLA website and will fit Humminbird transducers, but, you could adapt them to Lowrance as well. As for the sounder bag, go to a Hobie distributer (Mal @ Sunshine Coast Hobie will help you) and they will have the "bag and goodies" that you seek.

I hope this was the information you were after.

Cheers, X. :cool:
Last edited by XDCammer on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's easy to do it hard…….It's harder to do it easy".
XDCammer
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Southern NSW
Kayaks: None till January or February 2015

Postby WayneD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

When I had my stealth's I had just a normal transducer and went to Clark Rubber and got some suction cups from there and poked them through the hole's the screws would normally go in on the bracket. Took a bit of forcing and a lot of swearing but I managed to get a suction cup in each hole. Worked a treat and they are still on the transducer today, wherever it is (I don't use my sounder much any more).

X is right about needing a flat surface otherwise it won't work. I had a small 7a/h battery in one of those Sistema containers you get from BigW that has the seal on it and the sounder mounted to the top of it. Totally portable and very cheap, about $5 for the container.
Mantra Kayaks Pro-Staffer

Adventure Outlet supporter

Kayaks I have owned: Espri x 2, Nemo x 2, Tempo, Profish, Predator, Outback x 5, Revo, Swing x 2, Adventure, Loon, Superlite x 6, Superlite X, Sprite, Noa x 2, Coosa, Tarpon 120, Acadia 370, Aspire 100, Mana x 2, Bass, Minnow2, Ultimate 12 Propel, Laker 14 x 2
WayneD
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: SEQ dams and creeks
Kayaks: Lots

Postby Salty Dog » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 am

Sounds pretty good Wayne. I was thinking about using a suction cap for my unused fishfinder now that I have a Stealth.
Regards, Adam.

Stealth Fisha 550
Salty Dog
KFDU 1000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Berowra

Return to Sounders And GPS Units