NMEA to WiFi Bridge

Show us your Sounders and/or GPS Units in this section.

NMEA to WiFi Bridge

Postby ondabeach » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Hey guys and gals, if anyone is interested in trying out a NMEA to WiFi Bridge I've developed, PM me and I can send you one for $50 free post (half price).

If you don't know what one is or what it's for, you connect the data output from your fish finder/chart plotter to it and it sends the depth and location data to your smartphone/tablet/ipad etc via WiFi so that nav software like Navionics or OpenCPN can use it.

With Navionics Mobile's SonarChart Live feature you can then see accurate depth contours being created on the chart in real time. Especially handy for the dams where there are usually no depth contours on the standard chart.

When you log onto the internet with your smartphone next and you have the 'sync data' optioned enabled, the Navionics App uploads your sonar log to it's server where it's checked out and if the data looks good it's then added to the "community layer" of their charts for distribution. What that all means is that if your Chart Plotter uses Navionics charts and get be updated, then after a few weeks you can update your Chart Plotter and see your new depth contours.

Here's a link to the demo of the SonarChart Live demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRd6MA7XV0

Yakker1.JPG

Cheers, Steve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing is so relaxing... it's like yoga, but I still get to kill something :)

Kayak PBs
Bass 42cm
Trevally 38cm
Flathead 53cm
ondabeach
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Sunshine Coast
Kayaks: Pedalfish 10

Re: NMEA to WiFi Bridge

Postby Wind Waker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:11 pm

One tester sold!! :)
Wind Waker
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Melbourne SE

Postby Nativeman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Whats so special about that ????
Nativeman
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Qld, south east
Kayaks: Hobie Pro Angler 14, Hobie Quest 11, Stacer Pro Line Angler 399

Postby Wind Waker » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Love new gadgets.... expecially something thats lets me upload sonar logs to improve maps for others. If more of us do it it makes for more fishing spots when visiting new areas. Not everyone has a lowrance with access to gofree maps so improving the navionics charts for those who use the phone app is good. Down here alot of guys use the phone app expecially when map cards are so expensive. The phone app is only 26 dollars. Not 250 for a dedicated card. If it works well then guys with basic gps enabled sounders can do the same. Also as an addon module its much cheaper then the other addons out there that are around 225 to 250 dollars.

Like big kev, I'm excited :)
Wind Waker
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Melbourne SE

Return to Sounders And GPS Units