New Sounder

Show us your Sounders and/or GPS Units in this section.
kulara
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Queensland

New Sounder

#1 Post by kulara » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 am

Chasing some help on what sounder to buy. I want something with side imaging, so was thinking either Garmin Striker 7sv or Humminbird Helix 5 SI. What are everyone thoughts on these sounders? Is a 5 inch screen too small for side imaging? Thanks for the help

windy_kid
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Bayside

Re: New Sounder

#2 Post by windy_kid » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:06 pm

I just got the Lowrance elite 5 ti which has side view on a 5 inch screen. I think that the 7 inch would be nice but the lowrance 5 inch screen is fine. It's a little hard to read when I have it split screen.

A mount that brings it closer to my face so I'm not looking down all the time would be good too.

ua5qb
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Monaro & Far Sth Coast NSW
Kayaks: OutBack (RIP), Hobie AI (not red or yellow)

Re: New Sounder

#3 Post by ua5qb » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 pm

kulara wrote:Chasing some help on what sounder to buy. I want something with side imaging, so was thinking either Garmin Striker 7sv or Humminbird Helix 5 SI. What are everyone thoughts on these sounders? Is a 5 inch screen too small for side imaging? Thanks for the help
If you can afford, go the bigger screen. I've gone from Lowrance 5 elite to a Garmin 7" with side scan. I've found the Garmin has better quality graphics. For the price I came close to buying a Raymarine.

Return to “Sounders And GPS Units”