NSWSCKF Fishing Comp this Sunday

A social kayak fishing group for the Wollongong/South Coast NSW regions.
butts
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Illawarra

NSWSCKF Fishing Comp this Sunday

#1 Post by butts » Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

GDay Everyone

We will be holding a fishing comp this Sunday at Wollongong Harbour

Yes it an Offshore event.

Launching at 06:00ish (depending on light)

If the weather is forecast to turn ugly then we will head to Mullet Creek as a backup.

Butts...
Member of NSW South Coast Kayak Fisho's

Quote:
"Respect their choice"

Fletch
KFDU 500 Club
Kayaks: Hobie Revo and Viking Nemo

Re: NSWSCKF Fishing Comp this Sunday

#2 Post by Fletch » Sat May 19, 2018 9:38 am

I am keen. Watching the westerly.
Fletch
Yak PB's, Dusky Flathead 95cm, Sand Flathead 51cm, Snapper 57cm, Yellowbelly 59cm, Murray Cod 75cm,Whiting 37cm, Australian Salmon 58.5cm, Redfin 41.2cm, Bonito 58cm, Tailor 38cm, Bass 30cm and one monster squid 107.5cm overall..... Watch ths space.

Member of the South Coast Kayak Fisho's and Wollongong Sportfishing Club.

vlacca
KFDU Angler
Kayaks: Hobie outback 2008 , Australis squid

#3 Post by vlacca » Sat May 19, 2018 11:18 am

i should be there , weather permitting

Slick Mick
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: NSW Illawarra/South Coast
Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Prowler 4.3 Ultra, Stellar & Fenn Surfskis, Vajda K1

#4 Post by Slick Mick » Wed May 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Good turnout of about a dozen boats in the pre-dawn darkness at Wollongong Harbour. Cool WSW breeze was invigorating and just under the spectrum for making it too uncomfortable. Further you went out the bigger the chop became that wanted to assist you to travel to New Zealand. A beautiful sunrise shone on several NSWSCKF members floating in the low ESE swell within 2km of the harbour entrance. That's the poetic part of the post.

Fish-wise it was a total Sergeant Baker thon. Bloody things were in plague proportions no matter what you were using. However, moi only caught one. Had enough of being blown out to sea and paddling back in several times, so myself and two other souls, Paul and Matt decided to head toward shore in the lee of the cliffs and breakwater. That's where things picked up a little bit. Between several throw back sand flathead I managed a 38 and 43. Thought I might be in with a chance with the 43cm so paddled in with 30 mins left.

When the rest of the crew came in, Matt my fellow Ocean Kayak Prowler paddler,had a 45cm specimen. Ah well, that's how it goes. Then Paul comes in with a 44cm Reddie, the eventual winner on the day. Fletch came in with the surprise catch, a bloody Kraken of a squid on a soft plastic 30m down! Guess which fishos got the best fish? Yep, the three of us who came close inshore in 8-12m of water. Just goes to show that you don't always need to disappear out to the horizon. Sometimes the fish are just offshore.

Overall, a good day to finally have an offshore fishing comp. Blooded the new Ocean Kayak fish esky I got second hand off Gumtree too!

Mick
Second wave launch.jpg
IMG_E3791_Small.JPG
IMG_E3792_small.JPG
IMG_E3793_small.JPG
IMG_E3794_small.JPG
IMG_E3795_small.JPG
IMG_E3796_small.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PB (Yak) Bonito 60cm, Bream 37cm, Dusky Flathead 49cm, Sand Flathead 47Cm, Bass 35cm (1st time Bass fishing).

Return to “NSW South Coast Kayak Fisho's”