Center 13 squid lure

Discuss fishing tackle related topics here.
Steve7181
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Wollongong/camden

Center 13 squid lure

#1 Post by Steve7181 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:16 am

https://www.fishlures.com.au/fishing-lu ... centre-13/

Picked one of these up from bcf the other day and think it has great potential. Im yet to use it on the yak but caught a small (45cm) king off the rocks after around 10mins while my mates using metals came up empty. It will cause abit of drag trolling but wondering if anyone has had much luck with it. Ill add to the post when i next get out on the water with it.

Steve7181
KFDU Angler

Re: Center 13 squid lure

#2 Post by Steve7181 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Okay i was very close to giving up on this lure and i think ill still give it the thumbs down and retire it to the shed but after 3 trips and around 8hrs troll time it produced 3 good bonito all in the last hour.

The pros of the lure is it dives deep, has 2 solid single hooks and suspends itself when you stop which i find reduces tangles compared with floating lures. I also like how the eratic swim movement is visible at a quick glance of the rod tip to see if its picked up weed.

The cons are it got alot less attention than both plastics and a hardbody deep dive fish imatation lure i ran beside it.

I think it has potential and will bring it out again possibly for snapper in winter.

Steve7181
KFDU Angler

Re: Center 13 squid lure

#3 Post by Steve7181 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Two 55cm and a 63cm were good sized though for bonito.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tackle Talk”