Soft plastics for Mary River Qld. Whats working for you?

Discuss fishing tackle related topics here.

Soft plastics for Mary River Qld. Whats working for you?

Postby hunsta » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 am

OK I get onto the Mary river near Gympie Qld a little . But all I ever catch is cat fish. Now dont get me wrong. They are fun to play on the line. But Id like something a little more substantial.
Ive used lures before. Spinners. Sub-surface poppers. With no effect. Im sure its all in my crap technique. And Ive tried a couple of soft plastics. Mainly stuff that comes from BCF, that I assume they were just trying to push.
So whats working for you up this way? I know theres Bass and Saratoga. Although Im sure Ive got more chance of the winning lotto numbers to float by than snag a Toga :roll: .
Size . Shape. Smell. Rig set up? Im all ears :hphones:
Cheers
I REALLY AM A NICE GUY. JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HASNT MET ME.
hunsta
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gympie Qld Australia
Kayaks: Winner Velocity

Re: Soft plastics for Mary River Qld. Whats working for you?

Postby Frit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:11 am

I know a couple of guys who consistently catch bass in the Mary closer to Maryborough. They seem to use a bit of everything at different times, but predominantly early morning and late afternoon, and spinnerbaits in dark colours. Often with a bit of purple in them. Hope you work it out. :roll:
Frit
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Hervey Bay
Kayaks: Kaskazi Dorado

Re: Soft plastics for Mary River Qld. Whats working for you?

Postby hunsta » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Frit wrote: spinnerbaits in dark colours. Often with a bit of purple in them. Hope you work it out. :roll:

OK thanks for that. Ive got spinners, but thought brighter colours with a silver spinner would be better. Thats where I could be going wrong.
Cheers
Craig
I REALLY AM A NICE GUY. JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HASNT MET ME.
hunsta
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Gympie Qld Australia
Kayaks: Winner Velocity

Return to Tackle Talk