Have you been checked

This section contains an archive of KFDU's best topics/posts submitted by it's members.

Re: Have you been checked

Postby Estuary Girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 am

Seasquirt wrote:You are welcome :grin:

... and I'll be there.
P

An all girl convoy will be heading Coffs Harbour way come later this year Robbo as I'll be there too. :wink:
Toni

Club Co-Ordinator
Estuary Girl
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR

Local Fishing Region: SE QLD,Far North NSW
Kayaks: Stealth Evo 495,Ultra 4.3,Dirigo,Prowler 13 & Scrambler 11.

Postby Matt S » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Top idea! I'll leave November free. Im there
Insert Signature Here
Matt S
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: port stephens nsw
Kayaks: Stealth Pro Fisha 525

Postby robbo57 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 am

Geez Snow what your going thru sounds as bad as chemo mate :lol: Hope you survive till October and are ok after the alcohol wears off to have a fish :wink:

The area around Repton looks good as I only fish the rivers and bays (not an outside fisho). Will probably stay at Bellinger River Park as it looks ok on Google Earth.
Have sent Biggles a pm to see if there are any comps on in Nov as I don't want to double up on dates. Will let you know. Thanks for the interest everyone :glad:
PB's Bream 30cm Flathead 52cm Snapper 23cm(not legal I know but...)Tailor 35cm Flounder 30cm Whiting 38cm
Member: Sydney Kayak Fishing Club & Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club.
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Water
Kayaks: Viking Profish 45 Hobie Revo 13

Postby arpie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:57 am

Sounds good, Robbo - I've never fished that area before!! I'm all for having a campground that has it's own water access! :lek: No driving!!

I will lock in the date when we get it! :gu:

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby robbo57 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

That's great Roberta. Saw the Oncologist today and she said just 3 more sessions then I can have a break.
We will monitor progress of cancer during the break and take it from there. It will be up to me when and if I start
chemo again. I probably will if it's going to prolong my life. Will get some dates up for the Nov meet asap.
PB's Bream 30cm Flathead 52cm Snapper 23cm(not legal I know but...)Tailor 35cm Flounder 30cm Whiting 38cm
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Postby robbo57 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:43 pm

That place looks awesome Snow. Can't wait to get up there mate. Some of the Sydney boys will be coming too.
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Postby Matt S » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am

my grandmother still lives in Bellingen (mum who's 65 was born there). One of my favourite parts of the country and I'm keen as too :grin:
stayed at Repton caravan park for my adversary.. oops anniversery beautiful spot
Insert Signature Here
Matt S
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: port stephens nsw
Kayaks: Stealth Pro Fisha 525

Postby arpie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Weather is looking better now (for a few days, I hope!) Robbo - so hope you can get out soon!!

Roberta
(Mark's) Prostaff Member: Ten20 Rods

Adventure before Dementia

Perception Minnow - "Squidgies" Hobie Sport - "Fisharoo"

arpie
2011 Saltwater Angler of the Year

Local Fishing Region: mid north coast
Kayaks: Hobie Sport, Perception Minnow

Postby robbo57 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Yes Roberta will try for Saturday. Hope to get some salt and blood on it :egrin:
Hope you have a great time in England :glad:
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Postby robbo57 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Not yet Snow. Waiting for Biggles to get back to me re. when the comps are on in Nov.
Don't want to have it on a comp weekend if possible tho it wouldn't affect me as I don't go in them.
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Postby thesurgeon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi robbo i am new to KFDU and have been reading about your cancer battle, i hope that a lot of people have acted on your advice and you are free from cancer now.
I was also found to have prostate cancer and had to have it removed by surgery. What i would like people to know is that the blood test PSA DOES NOT always highlight you have a problem. All my PSA tests which i was having regularly were clear 0.01 Can't get lower. It was only when a doctor gave me the internal test that he found i had a problem. after biopsies etc he found i had high level cancer of the prostate with no option but removal by surgery. DON'T RELY ON THE BLOOD TEST ONLY DO THE FULL TEST . If i had not had a digital exam i may not be here today. :oops:
thesurgeon
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Port Hacking ,Botany Bay, South Coast Surf Beach and Rock Fishing
Kayaks: Hobie Outback

Postby thesurgeon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi robbo i am new to KFDU and have been reading about your cancer battle, i hope that a lot of people have acted on your advice and you are free from cancer now.
I was also found to have prostate cancer and had to have it removed by surgery. What i would like people to know is that the blood test PSA DOES NOT always highlight you have a problem. All my PSA tests which i was having regularly were clear 0.01 Can't get lower. It was only when a doctor gave me the internal test that he found i had a problem. after biopsies etc he found i had high level cancer of the prostate with no option but removal by surgery. DON'T RELY ON THE BLOOD TEST ONLY DO THE FULL TEST . If i had not had a digital exam i may not be here today. :oops:
thesurgeon
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: Port Hacking ,Botany Bay, South Coast Surf Beach and Rock Fishing

Postby robbo57 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:06 am

G'day surgeon and welcome. My PSA was fine too but had cystoscopy and biopsy after I started with blood in urine. Had my latest bone scan today
and it showed that the cancer in the bones is still growing tho not as quick as before :glad: Maybe I'll hang around for a bit longer than first diagnosed :blah: Still

got a few things to do before I go. Wife turns 50 next June so have to be here to throw her a big party. After putting up with me for the last 12 months
she deserves it !!!!!!!!!! :egrin: Will see my Oncologist on Tuesday and discuss what we will do from here on. Probably more chemo. Yuk :lol: :lol:
See you on the water.
Rob.
robbo57
KFDU 500 Club

Postby thesurgeon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi robbo
By all the replies you are getting from your KFDU friends I recon all their prays and good wishes to get well must help you through your battle with cancer. :glad: You have a strong and positive outlook so i am sure that you will win out at the end. I hope that when you are well I will be able to go fishing with you and your mates. I intend to fish in my kayak mainly in Botany Bay or Port Hacking. I dont know if i will get sea sick on a kayak as i am one of the best berly throw upers in a boat :cry: so people like to fish close to me :mad1:
Cheers ted
thesurgeon
KFDU Angler

Postby Plakkyboat » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Just decided to bite the bullet and wear the cost of a colonoscopy rather than wait in the public hospital system queue.
No problems diagnosed but my elderly Mother has had polyps removed twice in the past 2 years so it is obviously in my best interest to get checked ASAP.

After all Medicare rebates, total cost will be just under $1400

What do you think?
Is it worth the cost considering the risk?
Cheers -- Paul
My first true love was the Sea. After threescore spins around the Sun...she's still there...as my mistress — Plakkyboat Image
Plakkyboat
KFDU 500 Club

Local Fishing Region: Burnett Coastal & Rivers
Kayaks: Wedded to "Glass" + a bit of "Plastic" on the side

PreviousNext

Return to The 'Lock Box'