MIDCOAST JUNE OUTING SUNDAY 16TH ELEEBANA BOAT RAMP.

A social kayak fishing group for the Hunter/Central Coast/Port Stephens/Lake Macquarie regions.
newknees2
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie N.S.W.
Kayaks: Perception Minnow, Yellow Hobie Outback

MIDCOAST JUNE OUTING SUNDAY 16TH ELEEBANA BOAT RAMP.

#1 Post by newknees2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 am

This month's outing is next Sunday launching from Eleebana Boat Ramp, target species is Taylor.
As usual PF will be posting the Unique fishing number on Saturday so don't forget to look for it & hope to see everyone next Sunday.
Please put up a post notifying you are coming. :wink:
Member of

Reg
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Muswellbrook, hunter, manning rivers
Kayaks: Native Slayer Propel 13

Re: MIDCOAST JUNE OUTING SUNDAY 16TH ELEEBANA BOAT RAMP.

#2 Post by Reg » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I'll be there..
Member of

pdfarrell
KFDU Pro Staff MODERATOR
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley & Surrounds
Kayaks: Hobie PA12, Hobie Outback

#3 Post by pdfarrell » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Unique number is 327.

Cheers,
PF

Reg
KFDU Angler
Local Fishing Region: Muswellbrook, hunter, manning rivers
Kayaks: Native Slayer Propel 13

#4 Post by Reg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Was very keen to get back out on the water, has been a busy month with work and a number of family commitments keeping me away.
Planned the trip for over a week, decided I could make a weekend of it and take the "love and strife" for a bit of a weekend away.
Booked the motel a week in advance, planned the dinner, even looked at maybe a movie after wards.

The weekend finally arrives, had a couple jobs to do Saturday morning but got back in enough time to pack the wife, the Yak and trailer and head down.
During my week of planning I checked out what was going to set me up for success in regards to catching a couple of Taylor, so a trip to Freddy's and BCF at Rutherford was included in my meticulously planned schedule.
Picked up a couple of Sugerpens and a new Daiwa slippery wolf to replace the one lost on the Forster weekend and continued to our motel at Warmers bay..

Motel was great - recommend the Esplanade Hotel.. had a feed of Chinese but gave the movies a miss as it was turning out to be a cold night.
Once back at the Motel I decided to rig up while I had the chance, it was while digging out the tackle bag I made the shocking discovery that despite all the planning and setting up, I had somehow forgot to pick up and pack the propel drive for the slayer.... :oops:

9.30 I am considering driving all the way back to Muswellbrook, weighed up my options.. weekend away with the wife or the risk of a month of the silent treatment.. sanity prevailed and I accepted the reality.

Regardless I sucked up my losses and still set the arm for the next morning, I got to the ramp the next morning about 5.45am, felt like about 2 degrees,.
Paul was already set to go when I arrived and newbie with a HobieI I missed his name but we had a good chat as dawn started to break.

I refused to let my absent mindedness ruin my opportunity to have a fish, so decided to flick some lures around the shallows from the bank down to the pedestrian boardwalk and back..

Wearing my best pair of winter thongs the walk down and back was interesting, fishing wise not a lot was happening for me, casting out where I could see the bait being chased around I only managed a few follows but no reel action.

So with frozen feet and a frosty beanie I packed it in around 7.45 and headed for an egg and bacon roll and coffee.

Once again, its not always about the fish, (they are a definite bonus) its also about the story you can tell afterwards..... despite my forgetfulness, I still got a bit of a fish in as well as some family time..

Footnote : the propel drive has now found an new home... it now hangs next to the rod rack in the garage.. can't be missed , and won't be forgotten again.
Member of

Rory222
KFDU 500 Club
Local Fishing Region: Riverina, NE Vic & Wallis Lake
Kayaks: Hobie Outback (Dune), Hobie Sport (Blue), Hobie PA14 (Dune)

#5 Post by Rory222 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 am

Shite - that sucks! :grr:

Glad u made the best of it though and could see the positives. I don’t know that I would’ve :wink:
Yak PB's
Murray Cod - 68cm
Trout Cod - 58cm
Yellowbelly - 53cm
Flathead - 91cm
Bream - 43cm
Whiting - 40cm
Tailor - 45cm
Trevally - 43cm
Redfin - 25cm
Blackfish - 34cm
Tarwhine - 36cm
Carp - 74cm
River Blackfish - 15cm

newknees2
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie N.S.W.
Kayaks: Perception Minnow, Yellow Hobie Outback

#6 Post by newknees2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 am

I arrived at the ramp around 6-45am & hit the water around 7.
I saw Reg's ute in the carpark with his yak still on the trailer & noticed him some distance down the lake edge having a cast from the bank but was keen to get on the water so did not chase him along the waters edge, bugger hay Reg!!!!!!!! :grr:
Caught up wit Paul then proceeded to Pedal up to around where Warner's Bay Rd meets the lake & then work back to the starting point.
Things were a little quiet until I reached the mouth of South Creek where I managed to land a nice size Flounder. Worked my way through the moored boats with only a couple of hits but no hookups.
I only managed to land 1 Bream, 26cm, after that before returning to shore & meeting back up with Paul around 9-45am.
Even though it was cool, the lake was a picture & enjoyed the morning. :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Member of

Return to “Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club”