CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER & FISH 17th DECEMBER

A social kayak fishing group for the Hunter/Central Coast/Port Stephens/Lake Macquarie regions.
rocky
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Australia, I could be anywhere or everywhere
Kayaks: Hobie Outback & SWMBO's SUP

Re: CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER & FISH 17th DECEMBER

#16 Post by rocky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Well had a good morning on the water, got down there early to find sirmoken already out trying to annoy the fish and new knees set up ready to go. Unloaded the yak and headed out over the flats but only got a couple of bumps but no hook ups so after an hour or so went out to the deep water well 3m anyway used a vibe and managed a few flatty around the 40-45 mark a 36 cm snapper and a couple of Bream around 30 cm. Kept 2 flattys and the snapper which I added to the other fillets in the freeze for dinner with daughter and family. Grandson reckons the flounder that I caught a few days back was the best eating. Headed back in to find oldtimer and justforfun at the launch spot both with some excuse about not being able to get up early, then as the tucker was cooking JohnT turned up with a similar excuse, anyway it was great to stand around catching up and eating the bbq done mainly by newknee2, thanks Pete. Hope to catch up again sometime before we head off again if not hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a fruitful New Year. Sorry no pics.

Cheers & Beers
Rocky
Ivory Dune Hobie Outback
Yak PB: Flathead 80cm, Bream 41cm, Whiting 43cm, Tailor 50cm, Tandanus tandanus 52cm, Mullet 40cm, Barramundi 73cm, Snapper 42cm, Barred Grunter (Javelin) 47cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm Murray Cod 63cm (more to come one day)
Member of. Member of

newknees2
Club Co-ordinator
Local Fishing Region: Lake Macquarie N.S.W.
Kayaks: Perception Minnow, Yellow Hobie Outback

Re: CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER & FISH 17th DECEMBER

#17 Post by newknees2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am

Arrived around 6.15am, Sirmoken was on the water already, was about to launch when Rocky arrived.
Drifted the flats first with surface lures, lost a nice size Bream next to the yak & had a few chasers but no more strikes.
Joined Rocky in the deeper water & managed to land 3 nice Flathead ranging from 50 to 55cm.
Returned to the flats but without success. Headed to shore around 10am & met up with the "LANDLOVERS" waiting @ the BBQ, {read Rocky's comments}.
It was a very enjoyable morning & I was very pleased to land a few fish.
I would like to thank everyone who supported our group throughout the year & look forward to a good one next year.
My best wishes to all over the Christmas/New Year & hope everyone has a safe & enjoyable festive season, MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Regards,
Knees.
Member of

Return to “Midcoast Kayak Fishing Club”