pwm controllers

Want to work on your kayak yourself? Need some help or have any advice to offer?

pwm controllers

Postby sid_fishes » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am

ok gents, ive just recieved a 55lb minn kota for my pa 14, and i,m now chasing a pwm controller that has reverse. can anybody point me in the right direction for one .
i can buy one from the states but at $399 thats not an option really
thanks
Ian
sid_fishes
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: S.E.QLD

Re: pwm controllers

Postby Dodge » Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Sid. I fished alongside a yak with a smaller Minn Kota and he had total variable speed control just by rotating the tiller, so had no need for a PWM.

Another mate has same on a 55lb Watersnake on his tinny, so have you tried variation on the new motor yet mate.
Cheers RICHO [the older one]
Team Member of... Old Farts.... GREEN GINGER.... GC/NRKFC .... Usually monitor UHF29
Perception Swing 400, lime/yellow .... homemade timber Anon lures
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, and on other days you're the statue
Dodge
KFDU 2000 Club

Local Fishing Region: Gold Coast, Qld
Kayaks: Swing 400, and Pacer

Re: pwm controllers

Postby sid_fishes » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 am

Dogde, mate the unit i have has the i-pilot so no tiller handle as such , and instead of using the whole motor set-up [ie base bracket , i-plot control,and head unit] i,m currently thinking of setting my motor up with all the bits and pieces from Bassyaks.com
this puts the motor unit on the rear of my boat and the controller on the leg of the seat . If you have time check out bassyak.com there are some vid,s of a pa 12 [ and various other yaks ] with the set-up. i have a mate that has the 55lb attached to the bow of his pa 14 and the weight was an issue but he uses the remote
thanks for your reply dodge and look forward to more
ian
sid_fishes
KFDU Angler

Local Fishing Region: S.E.QLD

Return to Do It Yourself